Ask Not What Your Podcast Can Do for You
Now and again, Freakonomics Radio puts hat in hand and asks listeners to donate to the public-radio station that produces the show. Why on earth should anyone pay good money for something that can be had for free? Here are a few reasons.
How Can This Possibly Be True?
A famous economics essay features a pencil (yes, a pencil) arguing that "not a single person on the face of this earth knows how to make me." Is the pencil just bragging? In any case, what can the pencil teach us about our global interdependence -- and the proper role of government in the economy?
- Feb 04, 2016 How to Fix a Broken High Schooler, in Four Easy Steps (Rebroadcast)
- Jan 28, 2016 Is America’s Education Problem Really Just a Teacher Problem? (Rebroadcast)
- Jan 21, 2016 Do Boycotts Work?
- Jan 14, 2016 How to Be Less Terrible at Predicting the Future
- Jan 07, 2016 The True Story of the Gender Pay Gap
- Dec 31, 2015 When Willpower Isn’t Enough (Rebroadcast)
- Dec 24, 2015 Fixing the World, Bang-for-the-Buck Edition (Rebroadcast)
- Dec 17, 2015 Is Migration a Basic Human Right?
- Dec 10, 2015 The Cheeseburger Diet
- Dec 03, 2015 Ben Bernanke Gives Himself a Grade
- Nov 26, 2015 Why Do People Keep Having Children? (Rebroadcast)
- Nov 19, 2015 Does “Early Education” Come Way Too Late?
- Nov 12, 2015 Should Everyone Be in a Rock Band?
- Nov 05, 2015 Food + Science = Victory!
- Oct 29, 2015 Am I Boring You?
- Oct 22, 2015 How to Save $1 Billion Without Even Trying (Rebroadcast)
- Oct 15, 2015 How To Win A Nobel Prize
- Oct 08, 2015 Should Kids Pay Back Their Parents for Raising Them?
- Oct 01, 2015 Meet the Woman Who Said Women Can’t Have It All
- Sep 24, 2015 How Did the Belt Win?
- Sep 17, 2015 “I Don't Know What You've Done With My Husband, But He's a Changed Man.”
- Sep 10, 2015 Preventing Crime for Pennies on the Dollar
- Sep 03, 2015 The Harvard President Will See You Now
- Aug 27, 2015 Are You Ready for a Glorious Sunset?
- Aug 20, 2015 How to Make a Smart TV Ad