Talk of Tomatoes is about making food work for you. The author, Janelle, adores food and all it has to offer. She's always looking for time-saving tricks in the kitchen. This blog has many ideas for weekday meals, dinner parties and recipes ideal for cooking with kids. Also there are ideas for gifts information on the latest tools and gadgets for your kitchen. Fantastic photos of tomatoes!
Dutch Dairy Farming roots… and Farmstr
… [more] You may not know that I came from Dutch dairy farming roots – and grew up in an agricultural community. I bottle-fed baby calves and cleaned out their pens – I spent my fair share of time in barn boots and learned to drive on a tiny tractor. While today I live in Seattle proper, my roots run deep and my affection for dairy farmers will never fade. I recently
Grandma’s Special Salmon Sauce
… [more] I would get up at 6am with my dad, pull on my boots and add one jacket on top of another. At only 8 years old, I’d fill that dented and well-loved Stanley thermos with hot chocolate – dad had his thermos of coffee – and traipse with him to the boat. I can still see the boat bobbing by the dock and smell the salty ocean water. A few
Sandpoint, Idaho & Schweitzer Mountain (Christmas Holiday 2013 – part 2)
I’d like to say that after living with no electricity or water – and that timely chimney fire – our Christmas holiday morphed into a few days of relaxation, luxurious accommodations and no snafus. But I’d be lying. Read about part one of our holiday adventure… [more] for a little bit of context. As you know our last night of Montana we did have electricity and water – and welcomed a
- Jan 14, 2014 oxtail recipes – and how one long tail made it through 4 meals.
- Jan 06, 2014 Christmas holiday 2013 (part 1): cabin in the woods in Yaak, Montana
- Dec 22, 2013 California Ripe Olives Tour
- Nov 01, 2013 12 brussels sprout recipes + how to store brussels sprouts
- Oct 19, 2013 pumpkin recipes and pumpkin puree recipes
- Oct 16, 2013 Green Tomato Recipes
- Sep 20, 2013 apple cider vinegar recipe (and apple drinking vinegar recipe)