Did another 2 miles
Today, my wife and I went north from 100th South and did 2 miles (she walking and me running and walking). My left leg did the same thing it did on Tuesday, needing the first mile to warm up. My energy level was low, and I did a lot of walking during the second mile. I only had five hours of sleep last night, and that might have caused my energy level to be low. I had hoped to go 2.5 miles, but I was glad to get the two miles in. One thing I like about out-back is that once you're "out" you have no choice but to go the same distance "back", One secret is to walk when you're having problems running.
Ran/walked 2 miles
I didn't run yesterday, because we had two grandchildren with us all day. Normally, I would run on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. This week I'm running on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.After my first minute of running, my left leg was really tired (no pain, just tired), and I thought to myself, "Oh Oh, I'm in trouble". However, after one minute of walking, my leg felt fine, so I did a second minute of running and my leg felt tired again. Again, after a minute of walking, my leg felt fine. Fortunately, my leg felt fine after one mile, and I finished my run/walk with no problems. Apparently, my leg needed to get warmed up, and that required a mile of run/walk.I went south from 100th South to the tunnel under 106th South and back. My wife wasn't with me today.
Did a 3-mile run today
My wife and I drove to the Riverton playground, and she walked 1 mile south and returned, and I ran/walked 1.5 miles south and returned. I hadn't planned on going quite that far, but it has been over a year since I was on that part of the Jordan River Parkway, and I enjoyed the run so much that I kept going and going. I felt fine during the run, and I've felt fine since I returned home. Even though the temperature was a bit cooler than previous days (high 40s(F)), a lot of people were on the path. One couple had a giant-sized dog, and I stopped and asked them the type of a dog. They said a Labrador. It was only 1 1/2 years old, but it was big. The following picture, taken from the web, shows a labrador dog and a small child. The dog I saw today was black and very friendly.
- Mar 13, 2014 Ran 2.1 miles again on a cooler but nice running day
- Mar 11, 2014 Ran 2 miles plus a couple hundred yards extra
- Mar 08, 2014 Ran 1 mile and then walked for almost 3 hours
- Mar 06, 2014 Back into running with 2 miles today
- Mar 04, 2014 Should you do stressful workouts?
- Feb 26, 2014 Took last week off from runnng; now, back into it
- Feb 24, 2014 Walked 3/4 mile with two grandkids
- Feb 18, 2014 Rain is coming, so ran 2 miles today
- Feb 17, 2014 Another great day and another 2 miles
- Feb 16, 2014 Ran/Walked the Jordan River Parkway for 2 Miles
- Feb 12, 2014 Ran/walked for 40 minutes at the rec hall (about 2 miles)
- Feb 10, 2014 Ran 2 miles on the Jordan River Parkway
- Feb 05, 2014 Went to the rec center and ran/walked 2 miles
- Feb 03, 2014 Another 2 miles in great weather!
- Feb 02, 2014 Ran 2 miles, about 40 minutes
- Jan 30, 2014 I ran for 1/2 mile and then rode the Expresso bike
- Jan 29, 2014 Used the Expresso bike for 1 mile and ran/walked 1/2 mile
- Jan 26, 2014 Ran/walked about 1.5 miles plus rode Expresso bike for 2 miles
- Jan 23, 2014 Ran/walked for not quite 60 minutes
- Jan 20, 2014 4 Ways You Might Be Hacked
- Jan 20, 2014 Ran/walked for 40 minutes in the Rec center
- Jan 18, 2014 My wife and I went to the local rec center this evening
- Jan 15, 2014 Ran 2 miles on the Jordan River Parkway
- Jan 13, 2014 Judy and I ran about 1 mile
- Jan 10, 2014 Ran/walked for 30 minutes