Train hard and smart and you will win easy is the philosophy behind this blog. To help you achieve the ultimate running experience this site explores the science behind running.The author of this blog is finishing up his Masters in Exercise Science and coaches other runners to reach their potential.
- Feb 24, 2016 Recovery Addict: How overemphasizing recovery creates dependency
- Feb 17, 2016 New Podcast- Training for the 800
- Feb 08, 2016 A Case for Running by Feel- Ditching your GPS because of Ecological Psychology
- Jan 29, 2016 A Message to Speed/Power/Conditioning Coaches about Endurance Development
- Jan 10, 2016 Losing Imagination- Why we all use the same interval sets & the dangers of classification
- Jan 01, 2016 Episode 26- On BS- Our rant against crazy ideas, gurus, and other BS in coaching.
- Dec 28, 2015 Why you should change your mind: The power of letting your Ego go and cognitive dissonance
- Dec 21, 2015 The Dangers of Doing too Little- Why backing off can increase stress.
- Dec 15, 2015 Episode 25- Part 2-Why we are horrible coaches
- Dec 09, 2015 Do Movement Screens actually do anything?
- Dec 06, 2015 Episode 24- Why we are horrible coaches- Part 1
- Nov 23, 2015 Episode 23- Accountability and Ownership-
- Nov 09, 2015 7 Quick Thoughts on the IAAF Corruption and Doping scandal.
- Nov 03, 2015 Having "Space" in your training plan- Why Density is often the neglected variable
- Oct 25, 2015 Cigarette Smoking Enhances Endurance- The dangers of narrowing focus
- Oct 20, 2015 Episode 22- Outliers and the average- Who do we pay attention to?
- Oct 13, 2015 Sciencyness- The problem with using science to justify what you're doing...
- Oct 01, 2015 Episode 21- We have no idea what we're doing- The Dunning-Kruger Effect and Coaching
- Sep 21, 2015 The Training Grind- Why it's sometimes better to feel bad then back off.
- Sep 13, 2015 Psychology of Doping- Why we're fighting a losing battle-
- Sep 10, 2015 Episode 20- A Systems vs. Process Approach to Coaching
- Sep 06, 2015 The Art of Being a Contrarian
- Sep 02, 2015 Science vs. Art of coaching- What actually is Science?
- Aug 30, 2015 Episode 19-Phoebe Wright on mindsets, struggles, and what it takes to run professionally
- Aug 19, 2015 Why is our sport failing to protect clean athletes?-Thoughts on the IAAF doping news-