Well, thank you for making it this far with me. I have decided after a fair bit of thought to officially ‘retire’ this blog and I won’t be updating it anymore. I’ve moved on and am doing different things now. That isn’t to say I won’t be writing in other places and doing other things […]
Since I started my social work training in 1998, I have spent a lot of time thinking about power and my relationship with it. When I was a student, I didn’t feel that I had ‘power’. It felt like it was being at the bottom of a professional hierarchy. Yet we learnt about ‘empowerment’ and […]
- May 26, 2014 Awareness
- May 18, 2014 Dementia, Social Work and Awareness
- May 11, 2014 Think Ahead – Why the Fast Track Mental Health Social Work Scheme is confused and poor
- May 04, 2014 Fast tracking Mental Health Social Work
- May 03, 2014 Death and Bereavement
- Apr 13, 2014 Care plans – Now and Future Me.
- Apr 06, 2014 Burnout and Avoiding it.
- Feb 08, 2014 Personalisation in Practice
- Jan 19, 2014 On Capacity and Deprivation of Liberty
- Jan 12, 2014 On Kindness and Compassion
- Dec 26, 2013 Looking back and looking forward
- Nov 28, 2013 What I’ve learnt about Social Work
- Nov 08, 2013 Bedlam – Do we need stories to understand?
- Oct 07, 2013 On Leadership – from a Follower
- Sep 23, 2013 Parting Shots – Why I left my Social Work Post and What I’d change