e.l.f. how-to: backyard bbq!
It's almost the long weekend! Whether you've got beaches, barbecues, or booming fireworks planned for 4th of July Weekend, we have the perfect warm weather-friendly look. Our gorgeous model, Remie, was thrilled to show off this Backyard BBQ tutorial:
1.) We applied our Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick in Little Miss Thing to Remie's lids. The creamy formula is super long-lasting for being outside all day, and it's a great brightening neutral.
2) After lining, we applied several coats of our 3-in-1 Mascara to lift, lengthen, and define Remie's lashes.
3.) To keep those flirty lashes in place through any sweat and humidity, we then applied a coat of Waterproof Mascara Topcoat to Remie's lashes while the 3-in-1 Mascara was still tacky.
4.) Using our Blush Brush, we dusted our Mineral Blush in Sweet Retreat on the apples of Remie's cheeks.
5.) For a beautiful summer highlight, Remie blended our Radiance Enhancer in Sunrise directly on her cheekbones using the brush applicator.
6.) For a red pout that's perfect for Independence Day, Remie finished her look with our EX-Tra Lip Gloss in Michael. Love that shade!
We love hearing from elfettes who used their favorite e.l.f. makeup for their wedding! With wedding season upon us, we were inspired to create a beautiful bridal look featuring all-e.l.f. favorites. Every bride deserves to look and feel her best, and what better than e.l.f. to let a bride play beautifully? After all, it's her best day ever! Our model Erica was thrilled to play the bride for this look. Here's how we did it:
1.) Taking our NEW Everyday Smoky Eyeshadow Palette, blend a mix of the third shade and fifth shade on the lid with Eyeshadow "C" Brush.
2.) Using the same palette, mix a blend of the seventh, eight and tenth shades, then apply to the eye using the Contour Brush.
3.) A big day calls for BIG eyes! Apply the Everyday lashes from our Studio Lash Collection using the included tweezers.
4.) For more drama, apply our Cream Eyeliner in Black using the Small Angled Brush.
5.) For a flush that won't fade through I dos, dinner, and dancing, we applied our HD Blush in Headliner (Just a bead!) with the Small Stipple Brush.
6.) For kissable lips, we used our Matte Lip Color in one of our new summer shades, Dash of Pink.
Step 7 - For a perfect finish, set all over with the new Perfect Finish HD Powder!
how-to: soft contour!
Have you heard about all the NEW goodies we've just rolled out on elfcosmetics.com? We're really excited about our new palettes for eyes and face! Our model, Maria, had fun using our new Contour Palette to sculpt her features. Here's what she looked like before:
And here's how to do it:
1.) Maria applied the bottom right color from the palette into hollows of her cheeks and down sides of her neck using the Small Tapered Brush. This will have a slimming, toning effect. Don't blend it in just yet!
2.) Next, she applied the bottom right color along the edges of her nose, as well as the sides of her forehead and chin
3.) To brighten, Maria applied the top right color underneath her eyes, on her cheeks, on the center of forehead, and chin. Since this highlighting shade is matte, it's great for adding a subtle highlighting affect anywhere the light hits first.
4.) Taking the final, shimmer highlight, Maria applied it where she wanted a more dramatic highlight: On the cheekbones and browbone.
5.) Blend, blend, blend! Taking our Ultimate Blending Brush, Maria gently blended in using soft, rotating motions. The result? Fabulous!
- Jun 10, 2015 how-to: brush-free beauty!
- May 19, 2015 e.l.f. how-to: black tie beauty!
- May 14, 2015 meet meisha!: boho beauty basics
- May 11, 2015 e.l.f. how-to: Music Festival look
- May 09, 2015 e.l.f. how-to: color correcting!
- Apr 27, 2015 How-To: Cover Story!
- Apr 26, 2015 How-To: April Shower-proof!
- Apr 15, 2015 meet kristen!: natural beauty basics
- Apr 08, 2015 How-To: Spring Trends!
- Mar 20, 2015 How To: Color Crush - Capri Blue!
- Mar 19, 2015 Spring Break Must-Haves: Beach Trip!
- Mar 13, 2015 e.l.f. Skin Care Regimen!
- Mar 10, 2015 How To: Perfectly Purple
- Mar 01, 2015 Spring Break Must-Haves: Road Trip!
- Feb 26, 2015 How To: Your Best Brows
- Jan 28, 2015 Step Up Your Lip Game: The Modern Red Lip
- Jan 27, 2015 Get #OnPoint with The Modern Brow
- Jan 22, 2015 A Twist on the Classic: The Modern Smokey Eye
- Jan 17, 2015 How To: Perfect Your Pout!
- Jan 12, 2015 Golden Globes 2015 Beauty Roundup!
- Jan 08, 2015 Keep Glowing!: 5 Winter Brightening Tips
- Dec 30, 2014 How-To: New Year's Eve Sparkle!
- Dec 19, 2014 Perfect Holiday Eye: How-To!
- Dec 17, 2014 Winter Skin Survival Guide
- Dec 15, 2014 WWD 2014 Beauty Brand of the Year!