Kristen Oganowski writes Birthing Beautiful Ideas as a mother, doula and friend. She writes about her experiences as a doula and her passion for natural childbirth. She also writes about funny stories, her family and life in general. Come here for a real life view on doula love and beautiful ideas.
Sometimes When you do Nothing, you’re Doing Everything Right
It started last week. Eric fell asleep at 9 p.m. and then woke up the next morning at 6:30. And then he did it again. And again. And again. And then after one night of waking up once to nurse (blasted two-year molars coming in) he did it again. People, we have sleep. He has sleep. I have sleep. Tim ...
The post Sometimes When you do Nothing, you’re Doing Everything Right appeared first on Birthing Beautiful Ideas.
Birthing Beautiful Ideas Turned Five, So Stop by and Delurk or, you Know, Whatever, SQUIRRELS!
Five years ago today a few days ago–ago, ago, so many agos–I started this blog. I had no real goals for the blog at the time. I mean, I’d hoped that a few people would read it. And I’d hoped that it would give me an outlet for all of the ideas that always clutter my brain until I get them ...
The post Birthing Beautiful Ideas Turned Five, So Stop by and Delurk or, you Know, Whatever, SQUIRRELS! appeared first on Birthing Beautiful Ideas.
Sesame Street Live, Minute by Minute
The day: Sunday, March 30, 2014 The event: Sesame Street Live The people: myself, my son Eric, a bunch of wily kids, their haggard parents, and a stage full of dancing adult-sized puppet-people The reason: My child loves Sesame Street. The other reason: I mean, why not? And another reason: Sesame Street Live defies all reason, just go with it. ...
The post Sesame Street Live, Minute by Minute appeared first on Birthing Beautiful Ideas.
- Mar 25, 2014 What Happens when I Add Nuance + Compassion + Dr. Amy?
- Mar 21, 2014 Magic
- Mar 13, 2014 A Great Teacher
- Mar 12, 2014 Doulas as Tone-Setters
- Mar 07, 2014 I Suck/You Suck, I’m Awesome/You’re Awesome
- Feb 27, 2014 Safe Prevention of Primary Cesarean Delivery: Seven Questions to Ask your Doctor or Midwife
- Feb 23, 2014 When Bedtime Goes Awry and Becomes Beautiful
- Feb 21, 2014 Miles: Sports Afficianado and Sports Illustrated for Kids Book Reviewer
- Feb 16, 2014 Sleep Deprivation and the Challenge of Talking about Challenges
- Feb 10, 2014 The First 100 Words, Take Three
- Feb 06, 2014 An Interview with the Birth with Balance Founder
- Jan 29, 2014 A Shout-Out to all the Mama Scholars