Molly, a self-proclaimed feminist, writes this blog for equality in the birthing and parenting area. She fully supports natural childbirth uses this blog to communicate her feelings and ideas on the subject. Along with her opinion she provides many links and great information for her readers.
support feminist motherhood studies
As many of you know, Demeter Press publishes scholarship, novels, poetry, and memoir related to mothering. It’s a feminist press, the publishing arm of the Motherhood Initiative for Research and Community Involvement. One of the grants that keeps Demeter afloat was recently not renewed. The press is currently running a 50% off sale (with free […]
great picture book: Rosie Revere, Engineer
Rosie Revere, Engineer (Andrea Beaty, ill. David Roberts, 2013) is an extremely appealing picture book. It’s so pretty and colorful and energetic! Its rhyming narrative reads nicely and interacts splendidly with the illustrations. Although it’s not an explicitly feminist book and is a sort of a sequel to a book that as far as I […]
movies from the library’s ‘foreign films’ shelves
About a year ago, I discovered a new talent: the ability to scan the library’s foreign films section and quickly find a handful of quirky, funny, happy movies worth checking out–mostly movies I’d never heard of. As we don’t subscribe to Netflix or anything else, or have cable TV, this little skill has proven quite […]
- Apr 18, 2014 book review: Feminism Is for Everybody
- Apr 16, 2014 assorted links for your reading pleasure
- Apr 14, 2014 homeschooling plans, spring of second grade
- Apr 10, 2014 13 Books for Feminist Mothers (me, writing elsewhere)
- Apr 10, 2014 parenting poems
- Apr 08, 2014 packing, cleaning, planning: spring move!
- Apr 02, 2014 The Little Rebels Award shortlist: radical children’s fiction
- Mar 31, 2014 book review: All Joy and No Fun: The Paradox of Modern Parenthood
- Mar 27, 2014 poems about babies
- Mar 24, 2014 The Runaway Bunny: creepy or sweet?
- Mar 21, 2014 picture book rec: Farmer Will Allen and the Growing Table
- Mar 19, 2014 feminist parenting book update
- Mar 17, 2014 birth poems
- Mar 15, 2014 other people’s gorgeous stories: links
- Mar 12, 2014 pregnancy poems
- Mar 10, 2014 my dying dog
- Mar 05, 2014 Scarleteen may go on strike because this awesome sex ed resource is absurdly underfunded