Crunchy Domestic Goddess, Amy Gates believes in natural living from birth and all through life. She uses this blog to help her readers explore the natural birth and life afterwards. Come hear from real life advice and research articles a-plenty!
Mother Knows Best
I recently came across the following quote, “A worried mother does better research than the FBI.” If you are a reader of my blog, my guess is that you can relate to that. I certainly can. From the time I found out I was pregnant to present day, I’ve found that to be so true. Of course I don’t take it literally, but I do find that when a mom is concerned about her child (I like the word concerned more than worried) and X, Y, or Z, she will research the heck of out it, talk to others who know about the topic, and then researchRead More →
Making Some Headspace and a Meditation Challenge
Being present. Living in the now. It’s something I’ve been thinking a lot about lately. I will share more about this in the posts ahead, but for now all I feel comfortable saying is my anxiety has returned periodically in one form or another. As I look for new ways to address it, I have begun exploring meditation as a viable option. My husband Jody joined the Headspace community eight months ago in an effort to work with anxious feelings of his own. If you aren’t familiar with HeadSpace, it is “a gym membership for your mind” or simply a course of guided meditation, delivered via an app orRead More →
Breathing New Life into My Blog
Remember that time more than 10 years ago when I sat down and wrote my first blog post? Well, you probably don’t, but I do. I was a new mom — my daughter Ava was just 8 months old — and I was on fire with a cause. The cause doesn’t matter much now, but my passion at the time did. I was a mom on a mission to make the world a better place and I had to start somewhere, anywhere. And so I did. I signed up with Blogger and “penned” my first post. And then my next post and next post and before long, IRead More →
- Dec 18, 2014 December = The Gift of Free Oils!
- Dec 15, 2014 The 365 Gratitude Photo Challenge
- Sep 18, 2014 I’m going to ShiftCon
- Sep 11, 2014 Your Cash Register Receipt May Contain BPA
- Sep 08, 2014 Hannah’s Gluten-Free Pumpkin On Guard Cookies
- Sep 04, 2014 My Unschooling Interview on Mile High Mamas
- Aug 25, 2014 Preventing Back-to-School Sickness with Essential Oils
- Aug 18, 2014 Talking about Unschooling with Barb Lundgren
- Jul 24, 2014 I am a runner, but I wasn’t always…
- Apr 09, 2014 Computer Programming for Kids
- Mar 30, 2014 A Day In The Life: The Taste Test Challenge
- Mar 17, 2014 How I healed my daughter’s tooth pain/abscess naturally
- Mar 12, 2014 Longmont carjacking/abduction prompts question: Is it safe to leave kids in the car?
- Feb 27, 2014 In his own time
- Feb 23, 2014 Play Matters