This blog understands that nursing is too serious of a profession to take, well, too seriously. As nurses serve as the primary source of care for many a patient, and also help to maintain the calm of doctors and other staff members, the writers for Nursing Jocularity remind their readers of the importance and respected place of laughter in the profession. Nurses who might be a bit skeptical about the importance of the funnybone can take advantage of posts that address integrating humor.
Lead With Laughter: When Things Don’t Go Exactly As Planned
One of the signs that someone is a great leader is that their team isn’t afraid to approach them when they need help or support. Murphy’s Law touches every industry. There’s no workplace that’s free of difficulties. The way a leader responds to these difficulties has a direct and profound impact on the morale and […]
Humor & Home Sales: What’s the Connection
Selling real estate requires a unique combination of skills. Not only must realtors know everything there is to know about the homes they’re selling and the neighborhood those homes reside in, they must understand the tangled process of financing a home purchase. On top of that, they need tremendous people skills, in order to attract […]
Lead With Laughter: Using Humor To Bring The Best Out of Your Team
One of the biggest challenges leaders face is inspiring their team to turn in a top-notch performance all of the time. Motivating people to be creative problem solvers who keep a steady focus on delivering superior customer service is hard work. If you’re really lucky, you’ll have some people who are intrinsically motivated to continually […]
- May 14, 2014 Lead With Laughter: Using Humor To Bring The Best Out of Your Team
- May 05, 2014 Happy Nurses Week!
- Apr 10, 2014 Sinclair School of Nursing Awards Karyn Certificate of Merit
- Apr 08, 2014 5 Fun Things You Can Do To Celebrate National Humor Month
- Apr 07, 2014 There Will Never Be Another Show Like This!
- Mar 28, 2014 Humor Resources for Nurses: Cartoons For Caption Contests
- Mar 26, 2014 15 Fun Things To Do When You’re Feeling Down
- Mar 24, 2014 When Funny Means Money: How LaughFest Helps Grand Rapid’s Bottom Line
- Mar 01, 2014 A Special Resource on Nurse Leadership
- Feb 26, 2014 Nurses Week 2014: Moving Forward with Joy
- Feb 10, 2014 How Humor Can Help Your Heart Health
- Jan 30, 2014 Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum Highlights Value of Humor for Heart Health in New Book
- Jan 14, 2014 A Change of Plans!
- Jan 13, 2014 Humor is Power: Leaders and Organizational Culture
- Jan 09, 2014 Laughter: The Key To Living Longer, Better Lives Even When You Have Cancer
- Jan 07, 2014 Headed to Chiberia: How Humor Helps Us Face Stressful Weather
- Jan 03, 2014 Stop Stress From Wrecking Your Life
- Dec 27, 2013 Give Yourself the Gift of a Better 2014
- Dec 23, 2013 Two DaysTo Christmas: Past the Point Where Panic Helps You
- Dec 22, 2013 Three Days Until Christmas: Get Sleep When You Can
- Dec 21, 2013 4 Days Until Christmas: Embrace the Power of Play!
- Dec 20, 2013 Five Days Until Christmas: Handling Holiday Traffic
- Dec 19, 2013 Six Days Until Christmas: Holidays Parties Got Your Pooped?
- Dec 18, 2013 7 Days Till Christmas! What Are We Going To Do?
- Dec 17, 2013 8 Days Until Christmas: What Happens When You’re Out of Money?