The Best Weekend Welding Projects
Welding projects don’t have to take months and months to complete if you choose the right one. We’ve looked through a bunch of welding projects listed online and found the best projects that can be completed in a weekend. At the very least, the bulk of the work for these projects can be completed in a weekend depending on your experience and skill. We also tried to find the projects that are the most practical and useful, while using materials and processes that every welder can use. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced welder, we wanted to provide something...
Weekly Welding Roundup
Welders at the Hobart Institute participate in an intensive 9-month job-training program that virtually guarantees they’ll find work by the time they graduate. According to Bloomberg News: “Each year, about 300 students graduate from the school. Eighty-three percent have a job when they leave. The average pay for a new Hobart grad is about $17 an hour, or $36,000 a year. Some students can expect to make a lot more, particularly those learning trigonometry in Hobart’s advanced pipe-layout class. The math will come in handy when they’re welding pipeline along rough terrain or running pipe into a refinery or pump...
How to Beat the Slag in Stick Welding
Stick welding is the best welding process for beginning or advanced welders who need to make clean, strong welds on metal that isn’t clean or ideal for MIG welding. Stick welding provides plenty of power and sends imperfections in the weld to the top of the weld puddle so that they can be chipped off with brush, hammer, or sand paper after cooling. Stick welding alone doesn’t guarantee a clean weld that is free from impurities. Your welding preparations and technique have just as much to do with your weld as your ability to use a chipping hammer, wire brush,...
- Apr 01, 2014 Miller Electric Offers Fully Updated Line of Welding Gloves
- Mar 29, 2014 Weekly Welding Roundup
- Mar 26, 2014 Women in Welding Spark New Arc Armor Welding Gear
- Mar 22, 2014 Getting Stuck on Stick Welding
- Mar 18, 2014 Roundup of Welding News
- Mar 13, 2014 Welding Projects for High School Students Part 2
- Mar 08, 2014 The Hypertherm Powermax30 XP Plasma Cutter Is Best for Thick and Thin
- Feb 27, 2014 Weekly Welding News
- Feb 24, 2014 Comparing Miller Welding Helmets with the Miller Titanium
- Feb 20, 2014 Miller Electric Upgrades Syncrowave 210 TIG Welder