Gina Pera's an award winning author who hosts what is quite possibly has one of the best web resources on ADHD. After reading a book on Adult ADHD, she became amazed at the widespread ignorance of this condition. Her blog is a shining light, an advocate for all those dealing with this mental illness.
Watching A Mind Falling Apart — In Reverse
It’s unsettling, at best, this idea that you might not notice the return of ADHD symptoms when you decide to stop medication. But it’s more common than most people realize. A friend wrote to me last week, marveling at the difference in a co-worker’s job performance on medication and off medication. The co-worker didn’t seem [...]
Young Australian responds to “Kids on Speed?”
Now that the Australian show Kids on Speed? has aired, how was it? Despite the sensationalistic, stigmatizing name and promotional material, did it offer anything useful? When I asked Shanti Roy, a photographer in Australia with late-diagnosis ADHD, for her opinion, she delivered this thoughtful report, along with some screen captures of local media’s [...]
Research: Nutrients Improve ADHD Functioning
New Zealand researchers have found preliminary evidence for vitamin and minerals improving the functioning of study subjects with adult ADHD and boosting the mood of those who had moderate to severe depression at baseline, according to the study published this month in the British Journal of Psychiatry. The fact that researchers used a broad array [...]
- Jan 24, 2014 Tell Australia’s ABC1 “No” to “Kids On Speed?”
- Jan 17, 2014 “Brain-training” Games Ineffective for ADHD
- Jan 09, 2014 ADHD Does Not Exist? Wrong, Richard Saul
- Dec 19, 2013 “You, Me, ADD” 37% Discount on Amazon
- Dec 09, 2013 A Recap: Consumer’s Guide to Generic Concerta
- Nov 15, 2013 A Cost-Free Way to Support This Blog
- Sep 20, 2013 Concerta Generics: Dealing with the Pharmacy
- Sep 18, 2013 Adult ADHD in Spain? Si!