Written by Susan Goldberg, an editor of "And Baby Makes More: Known Donors, Queer Parents, and Our Unexpected Families," Mama non Grata is a hilarious personal blog about the daily life of a lesbian mother as she tries in vain to decide what to put down on the late slip. Mama non Grata is her children's name for her.
In between nothing at all
I am in between right now. That’s the best way to describe it. At this very moment, in between lunchtime pickup and collecting the kids from camp and childcare to take them to the dentist. Waiting for one load of laundry to finish washing and another to be put away. I am in between worlds, […]
The post In between nothing at all appeared first on Mama Non Grata.
The kids are still all right, already
Guess what? It turns out that kids of queer parents are still doing just fine. In my post this week at Today’s Parent, I talk about the findings of the Australian Study of Child Health in Same-Sex Families, released Monday. In fact queerspawn aren’t doing just fine — they are doing the same as […]
The post The kids are still all right, already appeared first on Mama Non Grata.
And thus was born a new tradition
“Mom, who left the two dollars under my pillow?” “What two dollars?” “The one for my tooth.” “You left a tooth under your pillow? Why?” “For the tooth fairy!” “Don’t you mean the tooth garbageman?” “Who’s the tooth garbageman?” “He’s the guy who looks around under your pillow and says, ‘Ew, a tooth!’ and throws […]
The post And thus was born a new tradition appeared first on Mama Non Grata.
- Jun 30, 2014 Living in sin
- Jun 23, 2014 Crab/apple
- Jun 19, 2014 Seven-year-old, II
- Jun 16, 2014 We have a winner!
- Jun 13, 2014 An open letter to my hairstylist
- Jun 06, 2014 Fear, vomit, post apocalyptic YA, Jewish mothers & aliases
- Jun 02, 2014 Giveaway: Jewish Daughter Diaries
- May 23, 2014 One for the team
- May 21, 2014 Mama’s Baby, Papa’s Maybe
- May 16, 2014 You know what’s awesome about Mother’s Day? The Internet.
- May 15, 2014 Unlocked
- May 09, 2014 I will dance — please ask me
- May 07, 2014 My writing process
- May 06, 2014 My top 18 moments from the Mom 2.0 Summit
- Apr 23, 2014 Second grade, creative writing folder
- Apr 16, 2014 Frog
- Apr 10, 2014 Lucky
- Apr 04, 2014 On Magpies and Things We Thought We Didn’t Want to Do: Stuff I wrote other places this week
- Apr 03, 2014 Dinner and Angels
- Mar 25, 2014 The other side
- Mar 19, 2014 Drifting childhood
- Feb 21, 2014 Threeform
- Feb 14, 2014 Bedtime rant
- Feb 11, 2014 Forward, sideways
- Feb 07, 2014 Maybe I didn’t write this post