Civil engineers participating in any facet of the profession will find a ton of knowledge and opinion pieces on this site to whet their construction appetites on this important and recognized site. This is the official blog of a company whose aim is to link qualified civil engineers with posts that will satisfy their skill sets; that employment-minded lineage informs the blog, with most posts designed to help readers locate the most prime outlets for occupation.
Senior Transportation Engineer, Brighton, CO
Be a Part of Something Great
Senior Transportation Engineer
Location: Brighton, CO
Salary: $6,574.00 - $9,203.00 / Month
Closing Date: 04/11/14 11:59 PM
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Under the direction of the Transportation Director, plans, organizes, and supervises professional and technical engineering operations and staff on various transportation engineering projects. This includes roadway design and traffic control plans, utility plans, drainage plans, stormwater quality plans, and floodplain development cases for compliance with the County, State, and Federal regulations. The position may also confer on commercial and residential development review and land use cases. This position may also manage other infrastructure projects as required.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Plan, prioritize, assign, and supervise professional and technical engineering services. • Participate in the selection of professional and technical engineering staff; provide or coordinate staff training. • Prepare various reports on operations and activities. • Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; establish schedules and methods for providing current development review and design engineering services; implement policies and procedures. • Oversee and participate in the preparation of plans, specifications, cost and quantity estimates, and bid documents for public works construction projects; oversee the planning, design and construction of capital improvement projects. • Review and prepare comments regarding proposed development cases. • Participate in budget preparation and administration; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; monitor and control expenditures. • Coordinate and prioritize design projects with other County departments, and other relevant agencies. • Manage consultant contracts for public works projects. • Manage engineering design contracts for public improvements with outside consultants including progress of the work, cost reports, approve payment for work accomplished. • Oversee the maintenance of office records, maps, construction project documents and related records. • Attend Board of County Commissioners, Planning Commission, Board of Adjustment, and other public meetings. • Resolve or justify controversial and complex technical problems. • Answer questions and provide information to the public; investigate complaints and recommend corrective actions as necessary to resolve complaints. • Insure that proposed development and projects are in compliance with the floodplain, Clean Water Act, and other relevant laws and regulations. • Exercise professional engineering judgment in accordance with current accepted practice of civil engineering and appropriate laws and codes. • Prepare request for proposals, and participate in selecting consultants for assigned projects. • Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
Substation Design - Civil Engineer (New Grads Welcome!), Jackson, MI
Job Description with HTML:
Just One Look – See and Become a Part of Michigan’s Best and Brightest!
At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our ability to deliver reliable electric and natural gas services begins with our commitment to reflecting the unique character and diverse perspectives of the 6.5 million people we serve across Michigan. As a major Midwest company with more than 7,000 employees, we’re powered by the Value of All: the idea that every individual matters, and that the best way to serve our community is to be an active part of it.
Are you a positive thinking, self-motivated individual looking for a dynamic civil engineering career with an industry leader?
Consider joining our Substation Design & Standards Division which is responsible for electric substation layout design for both the high and low voltage distribution systems. As an integral member of the Civil Design Section, the team responsible for the civil design portion of electric substation projects, you will support capital and O&M projects as well as process improvements, standard updates, and other division objectives.
Among your related responsibilities you will:Develop designs including scopes, drawing updates, BOMs, permitting support, etc. for major customer projects, new substation installations, major component replacements, transformer replacements, etc. Interface with many groups including Substation Construction, Substation Layout, Planning, Project Management, the Environmental Department , the Permitting Group and others Supervise and review the work of technicians, manage workloads and set priorities Support the development or refinement of new or existing substation standards, help to implement process improvements and provide presentations and training as needed for ongoing technical development
Project Manager, Sterling, VA
•Meeting with clients ?initial project scoping, proposal preparation ?staff utilization analyses ?managing the production process ?coordinate permitting approval process ?supervising project closeout towards procurement of the building permit •Staff development and mentoring, business development which involves attendance at marketing functions, business dinners/events, and cross marketing with other Bohler offices •Maintain presence and leadership in land development service area through involvement in civic, political, professional and business organizations •Collection of A/R’s, efficiency evaluations, profit evaluations and all basic financial management for your projects •Other duties as assigned
- Mar 10, 2014 Assistant Project Manager, Warrenton, VA
- Mar 10, 2014 Assistant Project Manager, Bowie, MD
- Mar 10, 2014 Project Engineer, Towson, MD
- Mar 07, 2014 Senior Hydraulics and Utilities Engineer #09681, Richmond, VA
- Mar 05, 2014 Bridge Maintenance Program Manager #05636, Richmond, VA
- Mar 05, 2014 Senior Civil Engineer-Land Development, New York, NY
- Mar 05, 2014 Civil Engineer, Danville, Virginia, VA
- Mar 02, 2014 Senior Structural Engineer, St. Charles, IL
- Feb 27, 2014 Engineer I, Grand Forks, ND
- Feb 21, 2014 Civil Engineer II, Charlotte, NC
- Feb 20, 2014 Structural Designer, San Diego, CA
- Feb 19, 2014 Water / Wastewater Engineer, Louisville, KY
- Feb 12, 2014 Engineering Manager - East Valley Water District, Highland, CA
- Feb 11, 2014 Engineer III - Structural, West Fargo, ND
- Feb 03, 2014 Senior Transportation Engineer/Project Manager, Austin, TX
- Jan 30, 2014 Roadway Engineer, Indianapolis, IN
- Jan 30, 2014 PROJECT MANAGER - AIRPORT DESIGN, Woburn, MA
- Jan 25, 2014 Engineer II - Civil, Helena, MT
- Jan 25, 2014 Engineer II - Civil, Great Falls, MT
- Jan 23, 2014 Senior Water Resources Project Manager/Engineer, Austin, TX
- Jan 22, 2014 Civil Project Manager/Engineer, Austin, TX
- Jan 17, 2014 Engineering and Construction Project Cost Estimator, Washington, DC
- Jan 17, 2014 Engineering Project Cost and Schedule Analyst, Washington, DC
- Jan 15, 2014 Engineer III – Water System Engineer, Billings, MT
- Jan 14, 2014 Civil Engineer, Northern Virginia, VA