This blog presents news and comments about divorce, child support and custody, alimony, family law, and other legal information pertaining to the state of Maryland. The blog is authored by mediator, collaborative lawyer, and arbitrator James J. Gross.
“Divorce is the psychological equivalent of a triple coronary bypass.” — Mary Kay Blakely
Thinking About Divorce
More than half the married people in the U.S. have thought about divorcing their spouse according to a survey by researchers at Brigham Young University. However, as the researchers wrote in their study, “thoughts about divorce as just that — thoughts, not concrete actions, decisions, or even deep doubts.” Thoughts about6 divorce are not only […]
Will Shoes Make the Difference in this Divorce?
I think my wife has a lot of shoes. But it is nowhere near Tracey Hejailan’s 80 pairs in one of her multiple walk-in closets in a house in Monte Carlo. She is divorcing her husband, multimillionaire, Maurice Amon, in New York, where the couple also has a home. But Amon claims the shoes are […]
- Nov 30, 2015 Age Can Create Unique Divorce Problems
- Nov 27, 2015 High Conflict People
- Nov 25, 2015 Are You Being Gaslighted?
- Oct 23, 2015 Secret to a Happy Marriage Revealed
- Oct 06, 2015 Maryland Alimony Factor #6
- Oct 02, 2015 Divorce Quotes
- Oct 01, 2015 It’s Either Me or the Moustache
- Sep 25, 2015 Backup Husband
- Sep 15, 2015 Book Titles I Wish I’d Thought Of
- Sep 09, 2015 Divorce Care Basket
- Sep 03, 2015 Terms and Conditions Unspoken
- Aug 28, 2015 Ashley Madison and Grounds for Divorce
- Aug 21, 2015 Ashley Madison Hack Spurs Divorces
- Jul 29, 2015 Can Alimony Be Longer Than The Marriage?
- Jul 24, 2015 Country Stars Divorce
- Jul 13, 2015 Clean Desk or Messy Desk
- Jul 10, 2015 Children Jailed by Michigan Judge for Refusal to Visit Dad
- Jun 26, 2015 US Supreme Court Legalizes Same Sex Marriage
- Jun 24, 2015 The Tale of the Two Kayaks and Other Divorce Trainwrecks
- Jun 11, 2015 It’s Splitsville for Celebrity Couple
- Apr 17, 2015 Divorce Quotes
- Apr 16, 2015 Md Legislature Adds Mutual Consent to Grounds for Divorce
- Apr 15, 2015 Would You Let Your Children Walk Home Alone
- Mar 25, 2015 Sweatpants Are Number One Reason for Divorce
- Mar 13, 2015 Divorce Quotes