The writers of this site are specifically courting individuals who greet the health care community in this country with skepticism and mistrust. The blog looks to invite such people to look on the site and empower themselves and their relationship with health technology via well-written and precise posts. A fleet of respected publications have commended the site for its quality of dense and concentrated news. Read one post here, and you're ready to converse on days' worth of med tech headlines.
How Independent Practices Can Leverage Google’s Growing Mobile Ad Formats
By JOHN SUNG KIM Google’s stock price recently jumped by nearly 15% in a single day based on results that showed its intensive push into mobile ads is starting to generate meaningful revenues. This is important for doctors as recent stats from the company show that the majority of searches are now conducted on mobile
Protecting Americans from Preventable Infections: Working Together Will Save Lives
By TOM FRIEDEN, MD “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” Those words spoken by Helen Keller nearly a century ago remain powerful and relevant today. A new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) projects that thousands of lives could be saved every year if health
Bringing Clinicians, Patients, and Financial Administrators into a Common Conversation About Affordable Care
By NEEL SHAH, MD and DAN MICHELSON It all started a few years ago with an out-of-the-blue e-mail: “Neel – I saw the work you are doing via the article in the journal ‘Leadership’. Congratulations as this is a great area of focus to pursue – the need to take down the complexity as it
- Aug 19, 2015 Why Prisons Should Try Readmissions Penalties
- Aug 18, 2015 The New Laws for Hope(lab)
- Aug 18, 2015 Protecting Americans from Preventable Infections: Working Together Will Save Lives
- Aug 17, 2015 Bringing Clinicians, Patients, and Financial Administrators into a Common Conversation About Affordable Care
- Aug 16, 2015 Intersystems emerging from behind the scenes
- Aug 14, 2015 TRACTION: Contest Deadline TODAY
- Aug 14, 2015 Did the Wellness Industry Just Admit Fraud?
- Aug 13, 2015 What’s the Definition of Interoperability? A Conversation With EXTREME’s Adam Wright
- Aug 13, 2015 Employee Health Codes Of Conduct: What Would They Look Like and Who Would Accept Them?
- Aug 13, 2015 ACA Database: Private Alternatives to Medicare?
- Aug 12, 2015 Whose Privacy Policies Do We Know More About? Facebook’s or US Health IT Systems’?
- Aug 11, 2015 A (Lower Cost) Healthcare Industry to Deal With a (Higher Cost) Healthcare Industry
- Aug 10, 2015 A Near Death from Voodoo Hexing
- Aug 10, 2015 The Current State of Patient Portal Adoption
- Aug 08, 2015 ACA Database: HIE Enrollment Requirements
- Aug 07, 2015 Blood Clots Show Limits of Quality Care Penalties
- Aug 06, 2015 Does Prevention Save Money? ____ Yes ____ No
- Aug 06, 2015 Inside Baseball: The DoD EHR
- Aug 06, 2015 Will Software Eat Healthcare?
- Aug 05, 2015 ACA Database: I’m In Hell. Long-term Facilities Are Cutting Services Due to the ACA’s Reimbursement Changes
- Aug 03, 2015 Why Doctors Are Leaving Medicine For Tech
- Aug 03, 2015 Dan Burton explains what Health Catalyst does!
- Aug 01, 2015 ACA Database: Are There Any Plans in the Works to Force Doctors to Accept Obamacare?
- Aug 01, 2015 ACA Database: The High Price of Specialty Drugs Is (Literally) Killing Me
- Jul 31, 2015 The Future of Aging and Technology