A Blog Supreme has attracted a loyal and illustrious following for its top-tier perspective on the contemporary jazz scene. Stalwarts of jazz music will rub shoulders with complete neophytes, both groups attracted to this blog's excellent and clear writing and diverse selection of topic choices. We really appreciated their regular feature, Around the Jazz Internet postings, which compile the best of jazz headlines as they appear online.
5 Points Where Poetry Meets Jazz
Structured and free, sonic and rhythmic, poems and jazz music seem like natural partners. For National Poetry Month and Jazz Appreciation Month, here are some notable collisions between the two.
Wayne Henderson, Jazz Crusaders Co-Founder, Dies
The trombonist and three fellow musicians from Houston started one of jazz's most popular groups in the 1960s. As the times changed, so did their music — and their success magnified further.
- Mar 28, 2014 'A Love Supreme' Comes Alive In Unearthed Photos
- Mar 05, 2014 Possessed By Joy: A North American Drummer In Cuba
- Feb 22, 2014 Rail, Radio And Booze: A Look At Montreal Jazz History
- Feb 14, 2014 After 18 Years Of Marriage And Two Children, A Couple Releases Their Debut Albums
- Feb 14, 2014 Because It's Never Too Soon To Survey The Year In Jazz, 5 Songs For 2014
- Feb 09, 2014 'When The Bus For The Record Label Comes By': Behind Hot Tone Music
- Jan 30, 2014 Dave Brubeck Was The Macklemore Of 1954
- Jan 24, 2014 To Preserve 'America's Gift To The World,' A Jazz Elder Becomes A UCLA Professor
- Jan 17, 2014 5 Donny Hathaway Covers By Jazz Musicians
- Jan 13, 2014 Winter Jazzfest 2014: Tips Of The Iceberg
- Jan 12, 2014 The 2014 NEA Jazz Masters Concert
- Jan 09, 2014 The Drummer Who Invented Jazz's Basic Beat
- Jan 08, 2014 5 Must-See Projects At Winter Jazzfest
- Jan 07, 2014 The Jazz Men And Women We Lost In 2013
- Dec 24, 2013 A History Of Phone Calls With Yusef Lateef
- Dec 11, 2013 Remembering Jim Hall, A Different Sort Of Guitar God