Are we ageing healthily? An interview with Professor Carol Jagger
This is the million dollar question but it is hard to give a definite answer. Most data on trends in life and healthy life expectancy use surveys that do not include people in care homes which can skew results at older ages.
Women struggling to find their voice: March 2016 ovarian cancer awareness month
Worrying new stats show almost 1 in 3 unable to talk about physical health issues with a doctor.
UAB researchers focus on five key areas to improve care of CVD patients
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, approximately 610,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year — that's one in every four deaths. The impact of cardiovascular diseases is quite large.
- Feb 28, 2016 Sonitor Technologies announces expansion of Sonitor Sense RTLS open integration platform
- Feb 27, 2016 Single antibody could hold promise as potential treatment for human cases of EVD
- Feb 27, 2016 Walking associated with reduced mortality risk
- Feb 27, 2016 Novel way proposed for developing infectious disease models to uncover hidden patterns of transmission
- Feb 27, 2016 Reacting to stressful events decides your overall health
- Feb 27, 2016 Teleradiology Specialists reports record growth in January
- Feb 27, 2016 Major survey provides essential insight into our perception of quality of life day-to-day
- Feb 27, 2016 New model could help to better understand extreme events in the brain
- Feb 27, 2016 New method for measuring particulate emissions from aircraft engines
- Feb 27, 2016 Researchers identify, isolate and characterize two Ebola virus neutralizing monoclonal antibodies
- Feb 27, 2016 Researchers explore genetically-tailored diets
- Feb 27, 2016 eviCore healthcare acquires Boston-based QPID Health
- Feb 27, 2016 Graham School introduces new Master of Science Degree in Biomedical Informatics
- Feb 27, 2016 Rutgers Cancer Institute physicians named as 'Top Doctor for Women's Health'
- Feb 27, 2016 Dating sites helping spread HIV, study finds
- Feb 27, 2016 CHLA cardiologists perform rare fetal cardiac intervention procedure
- Feb 27, 2016 Phase III study: Ocrelizumab significantly reduces disease activity in PPMS patients
- Feb 27, 2016 Discovery highlights need to improve patient education about genomics
- Feb 27, 2016 Mississippi Department of Education voted to adopt Smart Snack standards
- Feb 27, 2016 P. gingivalis could be a novel risk factor for esophageal cancer
- Feb 27, 2016 PCSK9-inhibitor drugs: A game-changer for individuals with extremely high cholesterol levels
- Feb 27, 2016 Vanderbilt to lead Direct Volunteers Pilot Studies under Precision Medicine Initiative Cohort Program
- Feb 27, 2016 Elevated levels of particular proteins in cancer cells fuel growth and spread of different cancers
- Feb 27, 2016 Potential link between PLCD and ALL could offer new targets for cancer prevention research
- Feb 27, 2016 Cryo-electron microscopy helps analyze infection mechanisms of coronaviruses in detail