So, you supposed champions of autistic minorities, why aren’t you commenting on the new autism prevalence report?
One of the first things I check when I see a new study on autism prevalence is how the prevalence varies among racial and ethnic sub populations. In the U.S., this usually means comparing autism rates among Caucasians to that among African Americans and Hispanics (the most reported minority groups). I am especially interested given […]
U.S. announces 2% autism rate. Again. And it’s dependent on a change in the way a survey is worded. Again.
Last week a study was released showing an autism “rate” in the U.S. of about 2% (an estimated prevalence of 2.24% to be exact). Luckily one of the best science journalists out there focuses a lot of her attention on autism and covered this story. I’m writing of course about Emily Willingham and her article […]
Mr. Kennedy, if you know the science, why did you claim that the MMR vaccine contains mercury?
Robert Kennedy (son of Robert F. Kennedy) has been focused on reducing mercury exposure for some time. His advocacy against mercury led him to focus on vaccines (infant vaccines used to contain a mercury compound as a preservative). And, the main argument against mercury in vaccines is the (now totally failed) idea that mercury in […]
- Nov 11, 2015 With a new IACC meeting, there’s a chance to be heard. Send your comments now.
- Nov 10, 2015 Was the murder of Dustin Hicks committed by a biomed mom?
- Nov 07, 2015 Another autistic youth killed by a parent. And, No, Channel 11 Atlanta, it’s not a “mercy killing”
- Nov 05, 2015 Associated Press: Woman who held disabled people captive gets life in prison
- Nov 02, 2015 Steve Silberman wins the Samuel Johnson Prize for Non-Fiction 2015 for his book Neurotribes
- Oct 28, 2015 HHS Announces Appointment of New Membership and New Chair for the Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee
- Oct 24, 2015 Secretary Burwell it is beyond unacceptable that there is no seated IACC
- Oct 07, 2015 Statement of the Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC) Related to the Sandy Hook Tragedy
- Oct 06, 2015 To all who use Paul Offit’s 10,000 vaccine paper to scare others–put up or shut up. And that means you, Age of Autism and all your team.
- Oct 04, 2015 Tom Insel to leave NIMH
- Oct 03, 2015 Newsweek: Anti-Vaxxers Accidentally Fund a Study Showing No Link Between Autism and Vaccines
- Sep 30, 2015 Press Release: New Research Finds No Evidence That Thimerosal-Containing Vaccines Affect Behavior or Neuroanatomy in Infant Primates
- Sep 28, 2015 Literature review: HBOT is not recommended for ASD treatement
- Sep 27, 2015 Study shows societal inclusion improves life satisfaction
- Sep 25, 2015 Thank you Kevin Moon Loh
- Sep 24, 2015 Autism Speaks founder Bob Wright’s opinion is more important than science
- Sep 24, 2015 Steve Silberman discusses Neurotribes in a New York Magazine interview, dispels common myth about Neurodiversity
- Sep 14, 2015 The (Budget) Fight Goes On
- Sep 11, 2015 Last Day of Legislative Session – Just Two More Short Calls Needed NOW
- Sep 10, 2015 Cochrane review: no clinical trial evidence was found to suggest that pharmaceutical chelation is an effective intervention for ASD
- Sep 10, 2015 Extremely Urgent! Please Make 26 Calls Tonight or Thursday Morning!
- Sep 09, 2015 It’s been 10 years since Tariq Nadama died needlessly at the hands of a chelationist
- Sep 09, 2015 Another study on the gluten free/casein free diet and autism. This time focusing on kids with a sign of “leaky gut”
- Sep 09, 2015 Gluten Free/Casein Free diet and autism studied…and no sign of a benefit
- Sep 04, 2015 Another William Thompson quote they won’t tell you: “I will say the Geiers were not right”