Though rather depressing, this blog about nursing home abuse is also very thought-provoking and full of things to consider when researching nursing homes and assisted living facilities. For example, one article muses about the poor treatment of staff leading to abuse of residents.
Decubitus Ulcer Complications: Septic Shock
In the United States, there are over 934,000 occurrences of septic shock each year. Sepsis is an advanced form of infection that is caused by bacteria or fungus and, if not treated quickly, has an extremely high rate of mortality. Elderly people are already at a much higher risk than any other age group and... Continue Reading
Are Nursing Home Owners Putting Their Own Interests First?
The FBI apprehended a man and his wife in Atlanta this month for Medicare and Medicaid fraud. The man, George Houser, owned three nursing homes which were all in disrepair and providing a substandard of living to the patients they served. While we would like to believe that this is an isolated incident, recent studies... Continue Reading
Alzheimer’s Patient’s Family Sues Caregivers
December 11, 2012—The family of a woman who was living in an assisted-care facility has filed a lawsuit against the home claiming that, among other things, the woman had maggots growing in her ear from lack of hygiene and personal care. The Lutheran Home, located in Arlington Heights outside of Chicago, is charged with failing... Continue Reading
- Nov 21, 2015 Alzheimer’s Patient’s Family Sues Caregivers
- Nov 14, 2015 Bed Sores: The Reason For Nursing Home Lawsuit
- Nov 09, 2015 The Residual Pain Following Trauma In The Elderly May Be Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)
- Oct 12, 2015 Fall Prevention Program Demonstrates Basic Safeguards Work
- Oct 05, 2015 Nursing Home Attorneys Witness The Fight Against Understaffed Nursing Homes in Illinois
- Sep 28, 2015 Are Fines Enough To Incentivise Nursing Homes To Improve Care?
- Sep 27, 2015 The Cost Of Medication Errors In Nursing Homes
- Sep 21, 2015 Illinois Nursing Home Administrator Faces Criminal Charges Stemming From Theft of Patient Funds
- Sep 14, 2015 Many Wrongful Death Cases Go Unnoticed at Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Sep 08, 2015 Illinois Nursing Homes Continue To Accumulate Fines For Providing Inferior Care
- Aug 31, 2015 Bed Rail Entrapment Remains a Threat to Nursing Home Patients
- Aug 24, 2015 Lack of Care Choices Results in Many Young People Relying On Nursing Homes for Their Medical Care
- Aug 17, 2015 Preventing Falls In The Elderly
- Aug 10, 2015 Hospice Care May Not Be As Sincere as Families Believe
- Aug 03, 2015 Is your loved one being adequately hydrated in the nursing home?
- Jul 29, 2015 Why are Nursing Homes Afraid of the Judicial System?
- Jul 20, 2015 Nursing Home Slapped With Huge Verdict After They Fail To Summon Medical Care for Patient
- Jul 20, 2015 Nursing Home Scrutinized Over the Way They Handle Post-Fall Care of Patient
- Jul 13, 2015 Medications Used to Control Pain in Elderly Nursing Home Patients Can Be Fatal If Not Properly Monitored
- Jul 06, 2015 Tips For Preventing Nursing Home Abuse
- Jun 29, 2015 Poor Communication Alleged in Nursing Home Patient’s Death
- Jun 22, 2015 Behind Closed Doors: Sexual Abuse Alleged At Nursing Home
- Jun 15, 2015 Recent Nursing Home Fines Suggest General Lack of Patient Oversight
- Jun 08, 2015 Nursing Home Falls Can Be Reduced By Implementing Basic Precautions
- Jun 01, 2015 Chicago Nursing Home Lawyer Reminds Family Members to be Vigilant About Care Of Elderly