Jason Heitkamp: Dotzenrod Has It All Wrong On The Oil Tax
Recently Senator Jim Dotzenrod, a Democrat from North Dakota’s District 26, wrote an editorial about how he believes North Dakota erred badly by cutting the oil tax. He stated that this tax cut will mean billions less for critical water projects, infrastructure development, K-12, property tax relief, higher education and the state’s Legacy Fund. Consider...
More Numbers: Sheriff Paul Laney Still Wrong About Violence Against Cops
Not that I want to belabor the point, but in response to my post from yesterday about Cass County Sheriff Paul Laney’s comments on violence against cops (he was on television this week responding to my criticism of him from last week) a reader made a good point on Facebook. He noted that I was using...
Despite What Heidi Heitkamp Says, The Senate Has No Duty To Consider Obama’s Supreme Court Nominee
Yesterday Senator Heidi Heitkamp took to the Senate floor to lecture her colleagues about Supreme Court appointments, saying they should considering any nomination President Barack Obama sends them because they’re just like construction workers or something. “Imagine a construction worker in North Dakota telling his boss that he doesn’t want to do his job for...
- Feb 26, 2016 David Flynn: Rumors Of North Dakota’s Recession Are Exaggerated
- Feb 25, 2016 Sometimes Environmentalists Are Bad For The Environment
- Feb 25, 2016 Cass County Sheriff Paul Laney Seems Disconnected From Reality
- Feb 25, 2016 Roger Kaseman: Wrigley Has It Wrong On Marsy’s Law
- Feb 24, 2016 NDSU President Censors School Song Over Racist Lyrics
- Feb 24, 2016 Giving Gun Rights Back To Convicted Felons Has A Long History Of Bipartisan Support In North Dakota
- Feb 24, 2016 If Public Art Is Popular Does It Need Subsidies?
- Feb 24, 2016 Heidi Heitkamp’s Lame Excuse On Clean Power Plan Brief Doesn’t Cut The Mustard
- Feb 24, 2016 John Andrist: Scalia Battle And Heartache In Velva
- Feb 23, 2016 Senator Heidi Heitkamp A Possible For The Supreme Court?
- Feb 23, 2016 Felons Should Be Stopped From Automatically Getting Their Gun Rights Back In North Dakota
- Feb 23, 2016 Hundreds Of Activists Pack Republican District Conventions Across North Dakota
- Feb 23, 2016 Paul Sorum Says He May Be On June Ballot For Governor As A Republican
- Feb 23, 2016 James Kerian: Gratitude Has Replaced Courage As The Most Sorely Missed Civic Virtue
- Feb 22, 2016 Josh Boschee Is Wrong: North Dakota Has A Spending Problem, Not A Revenue Problem
- Feb 22, 2016 North Dakota’s Biennium-Over-Biennium Revenues Fall For First Time In Nearly A Decade
- Feb 22, 2016 UND Continuing To Sell “Offensive” Fighting Sioux Merchandise Is Absolutely Hypocrisy
- Feb 22, 2016 Libertarian House Candidate Jack Seaman Says Democrat Fade Helps His Party
- Feb 22, 2016 Kathleen Wrigley: Marsy’s Law Opponent Has “Horrible Bias” Against Victims
- Feb 19, 2016 North Dakota Democrats Launch District Conventions Without A Single Statewide Candidate
- Feb 19, 2016 North Dakota Has The Most Trusted State Government In America
- Feb 19, 2016 Officer Moszer’s Killer May Have Gotten His Gun Rights Back Automatically
- Feb 19, 2016 Two More Public Officials Charged With Crimes, This Time Related To A Prisoner Death In Ward County
- Feb 19, 2016 Ed Schultz Super PAC Crashes, Burns With Only $25 In Contributions
- Feb 18, 2016 Industrial Commission Needs To Play Nice With Local Governments On Oil Development