I do believe in poetry. I believe that there are creatures endowed with the power to put things together and bring them back to life.
Title Quote // Helene Cixous, The Book of Promethea Source
I want to be with those who know secret things or else alone.
Title Quote // Rilke
- Dec 26, 2013 If you are thinking about something that happened a long time ago: Somebody asked you a question and you did not know the answer. That is my name.
- Dec 26, 2013 The only book worth writing is the one we don’t have the courage or strength to write. The book that hurts us (we who are writing), that makes us tremble, redden, bleed.
- Dec 25, 2013 Perhaps the old monks were right when they tried to root love out; perhaps the poets are right when they try to water it. It is a blood-red flower, with the color of sin; but there is always the scent of a god about it.
- Dec 20, 2013 Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.
- Dec 20, 2013 We shall not cease from exploration And the end of all our exploring Will be to arrive where we started And know the place for the first time. Through the unknown, remembered gate When the last of earth left to discover Is that which was the beginning;
- Nov 19, 2013 Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. // Arthur Miller
- Nov 16, 2013 ‘How do I feel?’ he cried. ‘Well, I don’t know how to say it. I feel, I feel’ – he waved his arms in the air – ‘I feel like spring after winter, and sun on the leaves; and like trumpets and harps and all the songs I have ever heard!” // J.R.R. Tolkien, T