Huge Photo Post To Make You Hungry.
Was going through my food photos and I realized I neglected to share a bunch of deliciousness that I've been eating. Check it out!
I'll start with the black bean burgers I made tonight after work. Very simple, just black beans, onions, garlic, herbs, spices and oats to bind the mixture. Bake for 30 minutes flipping halfway and you've got a tasty burger. One can black beans makes 4 burgers.
Served with salsa and vegan thousand island sauce.
One weekend I made homemade hummus, tomato bruschetta and olive tapenade. Love eating this stuff with fresh bread.
The grape leaves are from Trader Joes and they come in a can.
A night out at CPK. The Tuscan hummus is vegan!
The roasted veggie salad is also vegan with the ginger hoisin dressing. So good.
Homemade baked falafel. Vegan with a Vengeance recipe never fails.
Served with Vegan Diner home fries!
In a pita with luscious tahini sauce.
Homemade pizza deliciousness with Trader Joe's dough and vegan mozzarella!
Night out at Tacomiendo for veggie taco and potato taco (half eaten)! Order with NO CHEESE!
Guac and chips!
Tacomiendo has great juices. This one is the Healthy Heart: Carrot, Ginger and Apple!
Tender Greens in Culver City has the freshest food.
Happy Vegan Salad has edamame hummus, spelt salad, tabbouleh, quinoa salad and mixed greens. So tasty and filling.
Roasted tomato soup with basil oil is so warming.
Breakfast tofu sandwich.
With lots of ketchup and Vegenaise on toast.
Craved a Sunday veggie roast today so I made the perfect roast potatoes, heirloom rainbow carrots, brussels sprouts and cauliflower. And to go on top of all that, Bryanna Clark Grogan's vegan brown gravy. SO GOOD!
Mashed Potatoes and Punk Rock Chickpea Gravy
Tonight I was in the mood for comfort food so I pulled out the vegan bible.
I'm ashamed to say that I've had this book for 8 years and I have never made this. Bad mouse!
It turned out beautiful. I made a few adjustments. I used a tsp of whole grain mustard because I did not have mustard seeds. When it was done, I found it to be too tart possibly because my lemon was too big. So I added a tsp of miso paste, a pinch of sugar, a squirt or two of Bragg's liquid aminos to counterbalance the lemon. It worked.
I was so happy to finally taste this amazing gravy. Going to make it again and again. The texture of the chickpeas was nice because it felt like my meal was a little more rounded with protein, veg and carb. The recipe is posted online here.
- Oct 26, 2015 Breakfast for One and Soup.
- Oct 25, 2015 Vegan Brunch: Carbs and Cake.
- Oct 21, 2015 "Beef" Kebab Sandwich.
- Oct 18, 2015 Pita sandwiches to die for, soup, squash and spice cake!
- Oct 16, 2015 2 ingredient cake!
- Oct 10, 2015 Enchilada Casserole and Pumpkin Pie Scones.
- Oct 10, 2015 Backlog Photos Of Foods I Ate.
- Sep 30, 2015 Pizza with Trader Joe's vegan cheese.
- Sep 27, 2015 Creamy Cashew Leek and Spinach Pasta with Tempeh Bacon.
- Sep 23, 2015 Lentil Stew.
- Sep 20, 2015 Eating vegan at Islands.
- Sep 13, 2015 River Cottage Veg Chili and Fat Free Pineapple Coffee Cake
- Sep 06, 2015 Armenian Lentil Soup, Garlic Cheesy Bread, Cake!
- Sep 06, 2015 Tender Greens and some vegan snacks.
- Sep 02, 2015 Soup and Wine.
- Aug 30, 2015 "Meatloaf" dinner, Banana Jello, vintage "Radio Pudding".
- Aug 23, 2015 Broccoli Rice Casserole, Garlic Cheesy Bread and Mocha Blueberry Cake.
- Aug 18, 2015 15 Minute BBQ Beans on Toast.
- Aug 14, 2015 Tofu Scramble Sandwich & Gluten Free Chocolate Cake!
- Aug 02, 2015 Rice Cooker Disaster!
- Jul 31, 2015 Thai Style Fried Rice and Baja Fresh tacos.
- Jul 28, 2015 Dinner ruined! Plus backup dinner and chocolate pudding freezer pops.
- Jul 27, 2015 Coconut Lentil Dahl & A Sandwich.
- Jul 17, 2015 Healthy Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Sweet Treat & Tacos.
- Jul 12, 2015 A Pizza and More salads.