Sadness and worry as Virungas head ranger is shot
Hi, this is Henry, Here in Goma, we’re used to bad news. Even the news that one of the brave rangers working to protect the Virunga National Park has been shot is something we have sadly come to expect now. After all, over the past 10 years, more than 150 rangers have been killed for […]
Gorilla missing in the mist!
Hi, this is Jean Claude, To begin with, the entire staff and I would like to wish all of our supporters a Happy New Year from Mt. Tshiaberimu, in the DR Congo! I was not able to write to you earlier this year as we are still working very hard on finding our lost Silverback […]
How to tell gorillas apart?
Hello, this is Emmanuel, I recently went into the Virunga Mountains in northern Rwanda to see how our little mountain gorilla Iwacu and her family are doing. It took us about 2 hours until we found her and mother Turiho at a beautiful glade, collecting food. As you can see from the picture below, little […]
- Nov 14, 2013 News from the International Population, Health and Environment Conference 2013
- Oct 24, 2013 Video News from the Volcanoes National Park!
- Oct 17, 2013 Meet Regina!
- Oct 09, 2013 Strategy meeting in Kampala!
- Oct 03, 2013 News from Mount Tshiaberimu!