Do You Use Verbal White Space?
Note: I was prompted by the recent political debates to re-publish this popular post from the 2012 archives. Hope you enjoy it! Graphic designers know how to focus your attention. They frequently communicate through the use of white space. Less...
Your Next "Aha!" Is the Beginning, Not the End
(Re-issued by request) How many times have you studied, thought, worked, conversed, or meditated in order to reach an "Aha!" moment? It seems to me that we have a tendency to treat "Ahas!" as if they are a result. Yet...
Creative Talents, But What Kind?
Innovation and Creativity permeate the pages of business books and internet storytelling. Unlike Project Management skills or Financial Analysis, Creative Talents aren't a homogeneous lump of artistic, business-oriented goo. (I haven't the slightest idea where that line came from. It...
- Dec 21, 2015 The "Thank You" War for Talent
- Dec 15, 2015 You Can Influence: Here's How
- Oct 19, 2015 How About "Design" vs. "Work"?
- Oct 07, 2015 Leaders: Beware Comparisons
- Sep 29, 2015 Do You Use Verbal White Space?
- Sep 14, 2015 Caution: Invisible Assumptions
- Sep 01, 2015 What Are You Paying Attention To?
- Aug 24, 2015 Do Your Leaders Coach?
- Jul 20, 2015 Build Competence Through Questions
- Jul 13, 2015 Five Hints You Should Make A Change
- Jul 06, 2015 Three Persuasive Ideas
- Jun 22, 2015 Employee Engagement: Pay Attention to These
- Jun 16, 2015 Paying Attention To People
- May 04, 2015 Meetings: The First 15 Minutes Matter
- Apr 27, 2015 Learn How To Develop Others
- Apr 14, 2015 Handle Objections With Questions
- Mar 23, 2015 5 Tips Leaders Can Use Today
- Mar 17, 2015 How Culture Impacts Perception
- Mar 10, 2015 Leaders Connect Visually
- Mar 02, 2015 Consistency and Trust
- Feb 23, 2015 Coaching Your People?: Manage Risks
- Feb 16, 2015 How to Boost Excitement About Creativity
- Feb 12, 2015 How To Measure Relationships
- Jan 26, 2015 Four Ways You Can Impact Learning
- Jan 15, 2015 360 Feedback: All About the Conversations That Follow