Uncharted Waters: Medical Marijuana & the Workplace
On April 1, Nevada's law allowing medical marijuana took effect. Currently, 21 states and DC have enacted laws to legalize medical marijuana. ProCon.org offers a chart that allows you to track state laws, fees, and possession limits. Jennifer Robinson explores the Nevada issue in her article Haze surrounds how state’s new medical marijuana law will affect employers, employees in the...
Inspiration of the Week: Mr. Kanamori
"Let people live in your heart." For a remarkable lesson in leadership and inspiration, the award-winning documentary Children Full of Life introduces us to teacher Toshiro Kanamori and his fourth grade class of students in Tokyo. He teaches his students how to live a happy life and how to care for other people. It's worth setting aside the time to...
News Briefs: Companies saying "no" to HR; Scarcity of good managers; Open offices & more
We are so pleased that our own ESI EAP Counselor and Coach Maureen Negron, is featured in the Ocean Times Herald's Leadership Reflections. Maureen is SPHR-vice president of client services at ESI Employee Assistance Group. She's interviewed about her job and about her perspective on various leadership issues. Companies Say No to Having an HR Department "Companies seeking flat management...
- Apr 11, 2014 Boston Marathon Anniversary Resources
- Apr 06, 2014 Preparing for & conducting video job interviews: Tips & best practices
- Apr 05, 2014 New research suggests "7-A-Day" saves lives
- Mar 30, 2014 HR from the Jury’s Perspective: Notes from an employment law attorney
- Mar 29, 2014 Wellness Focus for April: Tools & Links for Your Communications
- Mar 28, 2014 Vintage motivational posters show changing HR styles
- Mar 23, 2014 News Briefs: Chocalate is healthy; Brutal ageism; Religious accomodation tips & more
- Mar 21, 2014 How HR Uses Social Meida: Infographic
- Mar 12, 2014 Social Media opens an array of employment law resources
- Mar 11, 2014 26 million more reasons to ensure your organization does not discriminate by age
- Mar 09, 2014 News Briefs: Caregiver Discrimination, Fitness Tests, OSHA Audits & More
- Mar 07, 2014 Inspiration of the Week: Diana Nyad: Never, ever give up
- Mar 02, 2014 App Roundup: Health, Fitness, Productivity & More
- Feb 28, 2014 Is Your Organization Vulnerable to Employment Related Risks?
- Feb 23, 2014 March Health & Wellness Observances
- Feb 21, 2014 Supervisor Sins
- Feb 16, 2014 What employers can do to address health & productivity issues related to depression in the workplace
- Feb 14, 2014 A Valentine for 365 Days of the Year
- Feb 09, 2014 Violence Threat Assessment for Campuses and Businesses
- Feb 08, 2014 Inspiration of the Week: Leadership Lessons from Olympians
- Feb 02, 2014 Low Productivity Monday?
- Feb 01, 2014 February Health & Wellness Observances
- Feb 01, 2014 Risk Factors for Heart Disease