Partner or Police: How Is your HR Department Perceived?
Human Resources is as complex as the customers it serves. But, when HR Practitioners lose perspective on where their allegiance should reside, it sacrifices the integrity of the profession and potentially alienates customers. This article will provide tips and suggestions on how HR can gain and maintain trust to gain the ultimate reward of that valued “Seat at the Table.”
FLSA Failures: Youth, Records, Interns, and Deductions
Yesterday’s Advisor covered the first five sins of wage and hour; today, more sins, plus we offer a free white paper that shows you how to focus your compliance training for maximum effect. [Go here for sins 1 to 5] …
- Mar 14, 2014 Lessons from Lombardi—The 8-Hour Session
- Mar 13, 2014 Partner or Police: How Is your HR Department Perceived?
- Mar 13, 2014 FLSA Failures: Youth, Records, Interns, and Deductions
- Mar 12, 2014 Daughter’s Facebook Post Wrecks Father’s Discrimination Suit
- Mar 12, 2014 Doggone It, Says Recruiter. I Didn’t Hang Up!
- Mar 12, 2014 Sexist—and High—Customer Writes Note Rejecting ‘My Fair Lady’ Running Workplace
- Mar 12, 2014 The 10 Sins of Wage and Hour Management
- Mar 11, 2014 Are You Attractive to Potential Employees?
- Mar 10, 2014 Best Practices for Building Your Employee Talent Pool
- Mar 07, 2014 Perks—Do Yours Measure Up? Who’s Offering What?
- Mar 06, 2014 Surveillance and Secrets—More Social Media Risks