Suzanne Lucas has many years in human resources, and some people assume that HR people can be evil, but this is not the case here. The blog is unique because Suzanne takes the time to answer some tough HR questions as well as educating on everything that the HR personnel do on a daily basis.
Survey: How to communicate with Millennials at work
The traditional way to communicate benefits and policies to employees is to hand the new hires a stack of pamphlets, paperwork and an employee handbook. A survey released Wednesday by Guidespark, an employee communication firm, finds that’s not a good model for Millennials, who respond more positively to other forms of communication. According to the […]
A bathroom etiquette question
Dear Evil HR Lady, My workplace is set up in such a manner that several employee offices and cubicles are located directly adjacent to a single stall bathroom (mine included). I have furnished this bathroom with an air freshening spray to help cover up my own “permeations”. It has been brought to my attention (and […]
Bill Gates on the Future of Employment (It’s Not Pretty)
With all of his good works, Bill Gates‘s recent comments about the future of employment are enough to spark fear in the hearts of anyone who depends on a salary to keep the lights on and food on the table. The famed Microsoft co-founder was recently quoted by Business Insider as saying: ”Software substitution, whether it’s for drivers or […]
- Mar 31, 2014 The secret to gaining more career bargaining power
- Mar 28, 2014 Job hunting tip: You don’t need to ask for the job
- Mar 27, 2014 Think before you delete that Facebook post
- Mar 27, 2014 Should You Clean Up Your Facebook?
- Mar 26, 2014 When Bad Job Applicants Can Be Your Best Hire
- Mar 25, 2014 Why Not Giving Employees a Raise Can Cost You a Fortune
- Mar 25, 2014 How to increase your income–Stacking Benjamins #45
- Mar 24, 2014 Job hunting online? How to get the best visibility
- Mar 21, 2014 Should you hunt for a job using social media?
- Mar 20, 2014 How to mess up a salary negotiation
- Mar 20, 2014 Onboarding’s Newest Feature? Videos That Don’t Stink
- Mar 19, 2014 How to stop bullying in the workplace
- Mar 18, 2014 Hiring Challenged? Sift for These 17 Worst (and 15 Best) Résumé Phrases
- Mar 17, 2014 How to survive a vindictive boss
- Mar 14, 2014 5 Signs You’re Ready for a Promotion
- Mar 14, 2014 5 Types of Employees Bosses Hate (and How to Fix the Problem)
- Mar 13, 2014 How to Have a Flexible Workforce and Still Get The Job Done
- Mar 12, 2014 10 best jobs for introverts
- Mar 11, 2014 Do job applicants lack basic skills?
- Mar 11, 2014 Why are you staying in that terrible job?
- Mar 06, 2014 7 Ways to Cut Your Turnover Costs and Boost Morale
- Mar 05, 2014 My company cut my pay
- Mar 04, 2014 Before You Send That Scathing Email, Remember the Tale of the Job Bank House Mother
- Mar 03, 2014 Americans value money over time off