Where Does Journalism Fit In A Game’s Cosmology?
This post is inspired by two separate thoughts: A question from my roommate the other day about if Mass Effect's Shadow Broker could exist in real life, and an excellent read from Stephen Beirne over at Gameranx, describing the Cosmology of video games. Beirne describes video game Cosmology as something that "draws from design of its narrative, gameplay, levels, sounds, visual aesthetic, and on and on, since worldbuilding isn’t just the careful placement of furniture or graffiti inked in blood."
5 Companies ACTUALLY Worse Than EA
Congratulations EA! You managed to get knocked out in the first round of Consumerist's 'worst Company in America' award! Good job! Now while I do think it was a bit unfair to throw EA in there for Mass Effect 3, I'll admit I understand why they keep landing there. Dungeon Keeper's microtransactions are explicitly anti-consumer, the removal of SimCity's mandatory always-online functions proves how awful they were, and the Battlefield 4 launch was absolutely abysmal for many gamers. So yeah, I get it, there the big guy and gamers are the underdog.
10 Really Bad Console Knock-Offs
10 Really Bad Console Knock-Offs I remember first hearing about knock offs for clothes and purses. Many street vendors and swap shops would offer bags that looked like the very expensive ones you would see in designer stores for a cheap price. Amazing enough, some […]
- Mar 22, 2014 Horizon: A Different Way To Fear Space
- Mar 21, 2014 ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME RARE FINAL FANTASY X and X-2 LIVE DRAWING UP FOR BID
- Mar 20, 2014 ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME RARE FINAL FANTASY X and X-2 LIVE DRAWING UP FOR BID
- Mar 18, 2014 5 Games I’d Love to Play with My Kid Some Day
- Mar 17, 2014 Meanwhile In California, Some Drunk-Ass Gives A Major Shoutout To Pokemon and Sailor Moon
- Mar 14, 2014 Modern Day Gaming Has Killed The Fighting Game
- Mar 12, 2014 Why do Thief and Deus Ex: Human Revolution Have The Exact Same Plot?
- Mar 07, 2014 Pokemon Becomes Available on Netflix and The Internet Breaks From the Nostalgia
- Mar 07, 2014 What Does It Mean That Wolfenstein’s Protagonist is Jewish?
- Mar 06, 2014 Jack Tretton, CEO of Sony America, Prepares To Leave Company
- Mar 05, 2014 A New Kickstarter Makes It’s Debut: Toby’s Island
- Mar 04, 2014 Disneyland and Columbia: A Fresh Look
- Feb 28, 2014 Why “Kite: Liberator” Is An OCD Writer’s Worst Nightmare
- Feb 27, 2014 An Anime Once Banned Worldwide Is Now Available On Netflix…
- Feb 25, 2014 The Best and Most Meaningful Life Lessons From Video Games
- Feb 24, 2014 Thief: Take Everything You Can, Give Nothing Back