10 Things NOT to Do When Your Loved One Comes Home from Drug Rehab
It can be exciting when your loved one returns home after 30 days or more at a residential addiction treatment facility. It can also be nerve-wracking. You may hope for the best and fear the worst – and be completely unsure of what your new role will be in your family member’s life. But if […]
New NIH System Will Monitor New Trends in Drug Use and Abuse
As of this month, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) will be funding a five-year project using a new National Drug Early Warning System (NDEWS) that will monitor the changing trends of drug use and abuse in the United States. The goal of the project is to identify new synthetic compounds and recognize growing trends […]
Are You Drinking Too Much? 5 Signs You Might Need Treatment
Who’s to say what’s “too much” when it comes to drinking alcohol? The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) defines moderate drinking as no more than one drink per day for women and two drinks per day for men, but almost no one who goes out to a bar or tailgates at a […]
- Aug 22, 2014 46,000 Drug Offenders May Be Set Free Under Early Release Plan: Is This a Good Thing?
- Aug 20, 2014 Is Vaping the New Trend Among Young Professionals?
- Aug 18, 2014 The Brain’s Role in Addiction
- Aug 14, 2014 The Real Border Threat: Black Tar Heroin
- Aug 12, 2014 Should You Hire Someone to Help You Not Get Drunk?
- Aug 08, 2014 Addiction and Loss: Grieving a Lost Identity
- Aug 06, 2014 Addicted to Your Meds? Should You Just Quit?
- Aug 04, 2014 Marijuana Use in CO Much Higher than Projected
- Aug 01, 2014 Can Monthly Injections Increase Success in Sobriety?
- Jul 30, 2014 NIDA Adds Up the Results of Marijuana Abuse and Addiction Studies
- Jul 28, 2014 Made in China: Synthetic Drugs Coming into US Cut Off at the Source
- Jul 25, 2014 Mars and Venus: Prescription Drugs Affect Men and Women Differently
- Jul 23, 2014 Top 10 Hardest Drinking States in the Country
- Jul 21, 2014 FDA Proposes Use of Social Media for Prescription Drug Danger Awareness
- Jul 17, 2014 Brain Changes and Porn Addiction: The Connection
- Jul 15, 2014 Are You Afraid of Recovery?
- Jul 11, 2014 Huge Leap in Number of ER Visits Caused by Crystal Meth
- Jul 09, 2014 Heroin Takes New York
- Jul 07, 2014 Top 3 New Novels on Addiction
- Jul 03, 2014 Two New Synthetic Drugs Hit the Streets Every Month, Says DEA
- Jul 01, 2014 Naloxone: Lifesaver or Fake Security Blanket?
- Jun 30, 2014 Drugged Driving Is a Growing Problem
- Jun 27, 2014 Are You Doomed to Drink?
- Jun 25, 2014 ADHD Drug Abuse Linked to Long-Term Cognitive Impairment
- Jun 23, 2014 Is Starbucks Booting Recovering Addicts?