U.S. House Gives Stocking Full of Gifts to Most Extreme Factions of the Hunting Lobby
The U.S. House said one thing today and did another. Lawmakers in support of H.R. 2406, the Sportsmen’s Heritage and Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) Act, talked about helping sportsmen and the tradition of hunting and conservation. But in the legislation they passed today, they have done almost nothing for rank-and-file hunters and have instead offered a stocking stuffed . . .
The post U.S. House Gives Stocking Full of Gifts to Most Extreme Factions of the Hunting Lobby appeared first on A Humane Nation.
Wolves, Bears, and Other Imperiled Wildlife in Crosshairs of Bill Set for Action in U.S. House Today
Today, the U.S. House of Representatives takes up a bill that amounts to a grab bag of destructive measures related to trophy hunting, predator killing, and wildlife poisoning under the innocuous-sounding name of the Sportsmen’s Heritage and Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) Act of 2015 (H.R. 2406). It’s critical that you contact your U.S. House member this . . .
The post Wolves, Bears, and Other Imperiled Wildlife in Crosshairs of Bill Set for Action in U.S. House Today appeared first on A Humane Nation.
Super Market News: First Major Traditional Grocer Going Cage-Free
In an announcement that will ripple across the supermarket and grocery sector, Ahold — one of the nation’s largest grocers and owner of the Stop & Shop, Giant, Martin’s, and Peapod brands — announced today that it’s switching to 100 percent cage-free eggs by 2022. In a statement released last night, Ahold noted that “cage-free environments are a . . .
The post Super Market News: First Major Traditional Grocer Going Cage-Free appeared first on A Humane Nation.
- Feb 23, 2016 HSI Conducts Biggest Ever Rescue of Dogs from the Meat Trade in South Korea
- Feb 22, 2016 Ag Lobby Pushes Right to Harm While It Works to Stifle Free Speech
- Feb 19, 2016 HSUS 2015 Report Shows Organizational Growth, Cruelty Prevented, Animals Saved
- Feb 18, 2016 Cage-Free Taking Over Breakfast Menus Everywhere, Including at IHOP
- Feb 18, 2016 Dogfighting Doesn’t Pay in Peoria or Kalamazoo or Anywhere Else Any Longer
- Feb 17, 2016 Time to End Florida’s Mandate Requiring Greyhound Racing
- Feb 16, 2016 Here Comes the Humane Economy
- Feb 13, 2016 Breaking News: Trader Joe’s Going Cage-Free
- Feb 12, 2016 Celebrating Advances Across the Animal Spectrum
- Feb 11, 2016 Crushing Gas Chambers and Closing Out an Ugly Era of Killing
- Feb 10, 2016 Lead in Water – and on Land, in Forests, and in Streams
- Feb 09, 2016 Crouching Tiger, Hidden, Draggin’ Federal Rule?
- Feb 08, 2016 Time for the United States to Enact a Federal Anti-Cruelty Statute
- Feb 05, 2016 Federal Lands Belong to All of Us – Whether In Oregon, Alaska, or Elsewhere
- Feb 04, 2016 How Has Ohio Become a Cockfighting Capital?
- Feb 03, 2016 Slaying of Cecil Haunts Safari Club, as Group Gathers in Vegas
- Feb 02, 2016 USDA Lab Results Show Horse Soring Crowd Looks More Than Ever Like Organized Criminals
- Feb 01, 2016 Super Sonic Progress on Animal Welfare, Even as Trade Groups Dig In
- Jan 29, 2016 Breaking news: Captive Orcas, Dolphins to Get New Federal Protections
- Jan 29, 2016 Furry Celebs In the Spotlight for National Campaign to Promote Pet Adoption
- Jan 28, 2016 ‘Judge Me by the Enemies I Have Made’
- Jan 27, 2016 Breaking News: Bob Evans, a Family Dining Fixture, Joins the Cage-Free Movement
- Jan 26, 2016 Breaking News: Feds Adopt the Right Policy for Right Whales
- Jan 25, 2016 A Blizzard of Activity to Help Animals
- Jan 22, 2016 Cecil’s Revenge