New York Times Debate on Carriage Horses
The New York Times Room for Bebate examined the issue of carriage horses in New York City in light of Mayor de Blasio’s pledge to ban them. The abolitionist perspective was represented. You can read the debate in it’s entirety here. Gary L. Francione Professor, Rutgers University
The post New York Times Debate on Carriage Horses appeared first on Animal Rights: The Abolitionist Approach.Related posts: The New York City Bar Association Sets a Low Bar for Balance Animal Care and Control: The Sad Failure of New York City’s Municipal Shelter System Debate with Professor Michael Marder on Plant Ethics Debate on Animal Rights with Libertarian Philosopher Tibor Machan Debate: The Use of Nonhuman Animals in Biomedical Research: A Moral Justification?
Some Thoughts on Melissa Bachman and the Lion
Melissa Bachman, who is the host of a hunting show called Deadly Passion, announced on her Facebook page on November 1 that she had killed a lion in South Africa and she posted this picture: The response was remarkable. According to one story, “Bachman found herself the target of vicious death wishes and obscenity-laced insults […]
The post Some Thoughts on Melissa Bachman and the Lion appeared first on Animal Rights: The Abolitionist Approach.Related posts: Some Further Thoughts on Michael Vick A Note on Moral Schizophrenia Some Thoughts on the Abolitionist Approach Commentary #7: An Up-Close and Personal Encounter with Moral Schizophrenia Some Thoughts on the Meaning of “Vegan”
The “Happy Exploitation” Partnership
Here is the Bell and Evans website. Bell and Evens is a chicken producer. Bell and Evans advertises that HSUS, PETA, and the Global Animal partnership support it. Please don’t tell me that the major animal groups aren’t partners with the institutional exploiters of animals. Please. Click the picture so that you can read the […]
The post The “Happy Exploitation” Partnership appeared first on Animal Rights: The Abolitionist Approach.Related posts: The Friendly Face of Torture, Death, and Animal Exploitation A Response To PETA’s Position On “Happy” Or “Humane” Exploitation Animal Welfare Regulation, “Happy Exploitation,” and Speciesism Enabling Animal Exploitation A Disturbing Partnership
- Nov 30, 2013 Professor Francione Delivers Keynote Speech at the 2013 DePaul University College of Law Event, “Animals as Food: The Legal Treatment of Animals in Contemporary Agribusiness and Factory Farming”/October 30, 2013
- Nov 23, 2013 Abolitionist Animal Rights/Abolitionist Veganism: in a Nutshell
- Nov 20, 2013 Some Thoughts on Melissa Bachman and the Lion
- Nov 03, 2013 Do you Eat Like You Care?
- Oct 26, 2013 The “Happy Exploitation” Partnership
- Sep 29, 2013 “Eat Like You Care” Now in Paperback!
- Sep 22, 2013 On Violence as “Entertainment”
- Sep 16, 2013 We’re Going in a New Direction. Are You Coming?
- Sep 14, 2013 Let’s Change the Conversation