Indonesian coffee farmers grapple with climate of uncertainty
Shifting weather patterns may make coffee harder to grow in North Sumatra -- but it's still better than the alternative.
In recent news, climate change lurks behind the headlines
Seemingly unrelated, these three recent events have taken place under the shadow of an increasingly erratic climate.
In Indonesia marine park, survey finds troubled waters
The first in-depth marine assessment of the Natuna Islands revealed the precarious state of the environment in this isolated region.
- Jan 25, 2016 For forests to combat climate change, 3 things we must do
- Jan 22, 2016 Q & A: El Niño’s grip foreshadows uncertain future for a country on climate’s edge
- Jan 21, 2016 In camera-trap snaps, scientists tackle big data challenge
- Jan 20, 2016 Study clears the waters on a dirty threat to Hawai‘i’s reefs
- Jan 19, 2016 Protected areas DO save wildlife: Just ask these 5 species
- Jan 15, 2016 Commentary: Road project puts Malaysian primates at risk
- Jan 14, 2016 Elephants with a trust fund? Endowment to protect future of a ‘magical’ forest
- Jan 08, 2016 Citing threats to wildlife, experts urge caution amid dam-building rush
- Jan 08, 2016 Bowed by international pressure, shark finning declines
- Jan 07, 2016 With climate change, Pacific tuna economy enters uncharted waters
- Jan 05, 2016 Illegal logger turned forest champion — with help from hummingbirds
- Dec 30, 2015 Best of 2015: In the Pacific, a lifeline for vanishing islands
- Dec 29, 2015 Best of 2015: How 3,000 holes in the dirt can save a barren land — and alter a social landscape
- Dec 28, 2015 Best of 2015: 4 things conservation scientists sometimes forget
- Dec 23, 2015 Best of 2015: On Philippine coasts, rebuilding nature’s barriers to stormier seas
- Dec 22, 2015 Best of 2015: 5 things you didn’t know about wildlife trafficking
- Dec 21, 2015 The good news: 5 conservation victories to celebrate in 2015
- Dec 21, 2015 Best of 2015: Indonesia sinks shark poaching boat, readers rejoice
- Dec 18, 2015 A big winner in the Paris Agreement: Forests
- Dec 17, 2015 Expert: Paris Agreement falls short on indigenous rights
- Dec 14, 2015 Armed with nature, Philippines to boost defenses against stronger storms
- Dec 12, 2015 Nature’s role comes through in historic climate agreement
- Dec 09, 2015 Can the Pacific islands stave off a disaster in slow motion?
- Dec 08, 2015 How climate change affects women differently — and what we can do about it
- Dec 07, 2015 A world away from Paris, erratic climate pushes a country to the edge