Wildlife Weekly Wrap-Up
by Haley McKey
Study reveals most climate change-vulnerable regions; Anti-wolf bill comes closer to becoming law in Oregon; California condors: A cause for celebration; House sportsmen’s bill is a disaster for wildlife; Film: Red Wolf Revival
The post Wildlife Weekly Wrap-Up appeared first on Defenders of Wildlife Blog.
Learning to Live with California Wolves
by Catalina Tresky
Diverse voices come together to discuss living with California wolves in recent nonlethal workshop I remember when California’s Department of Fish and Wildlife reported OR-7’s appearance in California a little over five years ago. OR-7 was the first wild wolf in the Golden State in nearly a century. What an historic event! I never thought... Read more »
The post Learning to Live with California Wolves appeared first on Defenders of Wildlife Blog.
The Superhighways of Wildlife Trafficking
by Rosa Indenbaum
With countless items coming into the U.S. every day, the illegal wildlife trade is valued at over $2 billion. Our experts took a close look at the data to discover where these items come from, where they end up and the route they take to get there.
The post The Superhighways of Wildlife Trafficking appeared first on Defenders of Wildlife Blog.
- Feb 23, 2016 Microplastics are Major Threats to Wildlife
- Feb 19, 2016 Wildlife Weekly Wrap-Up
- Feb 18, 2016 Devastating Start to the Year for Lobos
- Feb 16, 2016 A Polar Problem: The Polar Vortex, Climate Change, and Wildlife
- Feb 16, 2016 Wolverine Watchers 2: The Sequel
- Feb 15, 2016 Kill the Dam, Not the Fish
- Feb 12, 2016 Wildlife Weekly Wrap-Up
- Feb 12, 2016 Three New National Monuments in our California Desert
- Feb 10, 2016 The Long Trail of Yellowstone Bison
- Feb 09, 2016 Show Some Love to the Ugly and Endangered
- Feb 08, 2016 National Marine Fisheries Service expands critical habitat for North Atlantic right whales
- Feb 05, 2016 Wildlife Weekly Wrap-Up
- Feb 03, 2016 Petrol and Protection on our National Wildlife Refuges
- Feb 02, 2016 Fantastic News for Fishers
- Feb 01, 2016 Not Enough Water for Wildlife in New Drought Bill
- Jan 29, 2016 Wildlife Weekly Wrap-Up
- Jan 28, 2016 Wanted Alive: Inside the Illegal Live Animal Trade
- Jan 26, 2016 Howling for Wolves Across State Lines
- Jan 22, 2016 Wildlife Weekly Wrap-Up
- Jan 20, 2016 2015 was the Hottest Year on Record
- Jan 19, 2016 More Wolves, Less Politics
- Jan 18, 2016 Our 2016 Photo Contest is Here!
- Jan 15, 2016 Wildlife Weekly Wrap-Up
- Jan 14, 2016 Peru Makes Way For Mantas!
- Jan 13, 2016 Plastic Threats to Wildlife