Turning Your Pet Into a Therapy Dog
Jane Brody signed up her dog, Max, to be a therapy dog and discovered that patients, hospital workers and pet owners all reap the benefits of the experience.
Ask Well: Why Daily Weight Lifting Can Be Dangerous
Within three hours of a bout of strenuous weight training, there are significant increases in markers of tissue breakdown.
The Weekly Health Quiz: Traveler’s Diarrhea, Pertussis, and Pregnancy
Test your knowledge of this week's health quiz.
- Feb 25, 2016 More Overdose Deaths from Anxiety Drugs
- Feb 25, 2016 Big Health Benefits to Small Weight Loss
- Feb 25, 2016 Living With Cancer: A Farewell to Legs
- Feb 24, 2016 I Don’t Drink Coffee. Should I Start?
- Feb 24, 2016 Treating Incontinence in Women with Osteoporosis
- Feb 24, 2016 How Exercise May Lower Cancer Risk
- Feb 23, 2016 Getting Pregnant After a Miscarriage
- Feb 22, 2016 Why Pertussis is Making a Comeback
- Feb 22, 2016 Staying Healthy While Traveling the Globe
- Feb 19, 2016 The Weekly Health Quiz: Fat Cats and Brain-Boosting Exercise
- Feb 19, 2016 Artificial Sweeteners and Weight Gain
- Feb 18, 2016 When Cancer Treatment Offers Hope More Than Cure
- Feb 18, 2016 How Meditation Changes the Brain and Body
- Feb 17, 2016 Heartburn Drugs Tied to Dementia Risk
- Feb 17, 2016 Foods High in Cholesterol Don’t Raise Heart Risks
- Feb 17, 2016 Which Type of Exercise Is Best for the Brain?
- Feb 16, 2016 Fat Cats on a Diet: Will They Still Love You?
- Feb 16, 2016 For Transgender Patients, Challenges at the Hospital
- Feb 16, 2016 Organic Meat and Milk Higher in Healthful Fatty Acids
- Feb 15, 2016 Getting People to Exercise Requires the Right Incentive
- Feb 15, 2016 Support for Breast-Feeding, in a Multitude of Ways
- Feb 14, 2016 Fat Dad: Love in a Bowl of Soup
- Feb 12, 2016 Ask Well: Are Pomegranates Good For You?
- Feb 12, 2016 The Weekly Health Quiz: Floaters, Michelangelo and Brain Food
- Feb 11, 2016 Tylenol During Pregnancy Tied to Asthma in Children