RIP – Southern California Diving Icon Dennis Gunn
I found out today, from Professional Debriefer Paul, that one of our regular diving icons, Dennis Gunn – known on this website as “Dennis G” or “Dr. D” died yesterday. Dennis was one of the original divers that I met when I started diving more than a decade ago; he made the dives and debriefs […]
An Automated Garbage Can To Clean The Harbors?
I have run across an interesting project that was crowd funded, and will hopefully do some good to the nasty ocean water that accumulates in the harbors. Having personally dove in Los Angeles Harbor while helping to train LA Harbor Police during my Dive Master training, I can personally say, harbor water is some of […]
Female SCUBA Diver Missing Off Of Ship Rock, Catalina Island
Thank you, Professional Debriefer Paul for bringing these articles to my attention. Apparently, a 45 year old woman was diving off of the Sundiver Express on Tuesday at Ship Rock and went missing. She was wearing, according to one of the articles, a black wet suit and a white tank. Quotes from the two articles, […]
- Dec 28, 2015 Last Dive Of The Year – Maybe
- Dec 22, 2015 How To Train Your Dog To Dive For Lobsters
- Nov 30, 2015 Australian Cave Diving
- Nov 22, 2015 Sunday Diving White Point
- Nov 16, 2015 Sunday Diving Report And Other Stuff
- Nov 01, 2015 First November Dive And Terranea Report!
- Oct 04, 2015 The Lamest Opening Night Report Ever
- Oct 02, 2015 Lobster Season Is Almost Here!
- Sep 20, 2015 The 2015 Heal The Bay Redondo Beach Pier Dive
- Aug 10, 2015 Diving Update And Conditions Report
- Jul 21, 2015 Non-Diving Report And Other Things
- Jun 26, 2015 The End Of My Trip And Other Odds And Ends
- May 25, 2015 Winterset Rodeo And The Opening Of The John Wayne Museum
- May 23, 2015 Classified Mission To Iowa – Part 2
- May 21, 2015 Classified Mission To Iowa – Part 1
- May 18, 2015 Classified Mission To Monument Valley
- May 11, 2015 Mother’s Day Dive 2015
- May 02, 2015 Quest For New Dive Gear Betting The Kentucky Derby
- Apr 20, 2015 Post-Apocalypse IRS Dive
- Apr 06, 2015 Easter Dive At Terranea Resort
- Apr 01, 2015 March Report And Update
- Feb 24, 2015 The Second Retro-Macho Dive
- Feb 22, 2015 Retro-Dive Saturday! Diving With Gear From The Late 1950s!
- Feb 02, 2015 Super Bowl Day Dive On The Elli And Ellen Oil Rigs
- Feb 02, 2015 Super Bowl Dive At The Eureka Oil Rig