Iceberg wedge with homemade Russian dressing. Perfect salad for the onion soup lunch pic.twitter.com/KQatWUKUdl — Martha Stewart (@MarthaStewart) November 17, 2013 Martha, Martha, Martha! First of all, as Jezebel rightly points out, your phone photos of food are even worse than my own, and constitute an aid to the burgeoning anorexia movement. Secondly, that is […]
Similkameen BBQ King Competition
Today is Flashback Thursday: flashing back to July (gawd, has it been that long?) and the special event was the Similkameen BBQ King competition. For non-Canadians, the Similkameen Valley is a gorgeous part of Southern BC. The river is perfect. The mountains are perfect. The grassy plains are perfect. And, as you can see from […]
Happy Thanksgiving, eh!
It’s Canadian Thanksgiving, and you know what that means! Passive-aggressive machinations regarding who gets to carve the turkey and whether Peggy’s gherkins get to sit in Great Gramma’s crystal dish or if it will be That Woman Bob Married with her goddam pickled beets again, and what’s so special about pickled beets anyway? Great Gramma […]
- Jan 12, 2014 Coffee Talk just got real
- Jan 11, 2014 Burger Tour BC: Victoria Beacon Drive In
- Dec 13, 2013 Christmas Season Cocktails
- Dec 07, 2013 Best of the Holiday Spirits to You!
- Nov 29, 2013 Happy Thanksgiving, Yankistan!
- Nov 28, 2013 Vancouver Gin Society Launch
- Nov 27, 2013 Turkey a la Kardashian
- Nov 19, 2013 Great Moments in Cinema: Vincent Price vs Peter Lorre
- Nov 18, 2013 Wedge Issue
- Nov 08, 2013 Getting an oil change at Burger 55
- Nov 07, 2013 Similkameen BBQ King Competition
- Nov 07, 2013 Here’s a tip!
- Oct 29, 2013 Celery: Nature’s Toothbrush!
- Oct 20, 2013 Sunday Food Porn: Freudian Pudding Cups
- Oct 17, 2013 Great Canadian Cookery with Grizelda the Ghastly Gourmet
- Oct 15, 2013 Drunk Dial a Congressman!
- Oct 12, 2013 Happy Thanksgiving, eh!
- Oct 12, 2013 Aspirational Libations: The Rum Steak by Julien Escot at Papa Doble
- Oct 12, 2013 Spirit Animal