What exactly is meant when this site proclaims itself "a fly fishing blog that sweats"? We speculate that it might refer to the level and density of material and quality of such on this site; it's so hot that it perspires class and readability. The writers are "a group of aging fish guides who are trying to keep the faith and not turn fly fishing into snow boarding." Their wisdom sparkles and comes off as evergreen, despite the age of those at the helm.
Farewell, Sweaty Waders. Hello, The Fly Zone
Here at Sweetwater Fly Shop, we’ve got a fancy new website that we’re very proud of. In order to consolidate our efforts and make things more efficient, we’re now posting our blog posts directly to our website, instead of on this Sweaty Waders blog page. To see our most recent reviews, features, tips & techniques, […]
Are you a fly fishing history buff? If you are a fly angler, you should be. Learning a bit about the history of our sport adds a richness to the activity. Knowing how we got to where we are today will enhance your appreciation for our great sport. Check out the fascinating article by Sweetwater […]
Wile E. Coyote
The roads through Yellowstone National Park have been slowly opening over the last few weeks. Today, only the road to Jackson, Wyoming remains closed. My wife and I took a drive through the Park a week ago. It’s really nice this time of year, without all the traffic that makes you feel rushed during peak […]
- May 04, 2015 Absaroka Moonrise
- Apr 19, 2015 Read it Here First!
- Apr 13, 2015 March Browns
- Apr 12, 2015 Confession
- Mar 24, 2015 New Stuff #3 – Fishpond Goodies
- Mar 18, 2015 Don’t Be Afraid of The Spring Creeks!
- Mar 14, 2015 New Stuff #2 – Sage Rods
- Mar 11, 2015 New Stuff #1 – The Umpqua Tailgater Organizer
- Mar 10, 2015 We’re in The Movies!
- Mar 02, 2015 Snowhoppers
- Feb 24, 2015 Yellowstone Valley Zoo: The Final Installment–Elk, Moose, Eagles, and more
- Feb 24, 2015 Yellowstone Valley Zoo: Pronghorn
- Feb 17, 2015 Yellowstone Valley Zoo: Bison
- Feb 16, 2015 Yellowstone Valley Zoo: Bighorn Sheep
- Feb 10, 2015 Sun Setting at Mallard’s Rest
- Feb 09, 2015 February Fishes and Floats
- Jan 28, 2015 SpumoniCam – A Dog’s Eye Tour of Sweetwater Fly Shop
- Jan 27, 2015 And The Winner Is…
- Jan 17, 2015 Mea Culpa
- Jan 16, 2015 You Decide – A Video “Shootout”
- Jan 16, 2015 The Results Aren’t In!
- Dec 28, 2014 Deadline Extended – Sweetwater Fly Shop Short Video Contest!
- Dec 19, 2014 12 Days of Christmas Gift Ideas – Sweaty Waders Style – Day 12
- Dec 18, 2014 12 Days of Christmas Gift Ideas – Sweaty Waders Style – Day 11
- Dec 17, 2014 12 Days of Christmas Gift Ideas – Sweaty Waders Style – Day 10