At 33 I was told that the lumps in my breast were probably nothing. So I did nothing, believing that I was "too young for breast cancer." Shortly after my 34th birthday--and now with no health insurance--I discovered that Cancer didn't care how old I was. On my twin kindergartners' birthdays, the diagnosis of Her2 positive Stage 3C breast cancer rocked my foundation and changed my world in an instant. This is the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful of my cancer diagnosis and everything that has followed. This is my story: http://cancerinmythirties.com
- Dec 17, 2014 The App Is the Outcome
- Dec 16, 2014 Three Ways Doctors Can Use Patient Data to Get Better Results
- Dec 16, 2014 The FY15 Budget: There’s More to it Than the Numbers
- Dec 15, 2014 Sony Hack Reveals Health Details on Employees and Their Children
- Dec 14, 2014 Health Care Registries: Powerful Tool, Narcoleptic Name
- Dec 14, 2014 Good News From CMS at Last? Maybe Not
- Dec 13, 2014 An Open Letter to Ezekiel Emanuel
- Dec 12, 2014 Starvation: The Cure For the Obesity Epidemic. Or Will Esther Dyson Be My Next Mother-In-Law?
- Dec 12, 2014 The Wellness Industry’s Terrible, Horrible No-Good Very Bad Week
- Dec 11, 2014 #WHITECOATS4BLACKLIVES
- Dec 11, 2014 Three Ways Doctors Can Use Patient Data to Get Better Results
- Dec 10, 2014 The Anti-Hypocrisy Rule
- Dec 10, 2014 Debunking the Patient Experience Survey Myth
- Dec 09, 2014 2015 Forecast: A True Healthcare Market Takes Shape
- Dec 09, 2014 The Federal Strategy For Collecting, Sharing and Using Electronic Health Information
- Dec 07, 2014 ONC Signals a Shift From Documents to Interfaces
- Dec 07, 2014 Cassandra Grantham of MaineHealth/Maine Vax Kids Makes False Vaccine Safety Claims on MPBN
- Dec 05, 2014 Being Gawande
- Dec 05, 2014 A Doctor is a Doctor is a Doctor, Right?
- Dec 05, 2014 Autistic adult restrained and sedated
- Dec 05, 2014 PCORI Board to Consider Hepatitis C & PCORnet Funding at Dec. 8 Meeting
- Dec 05, 2014 Paper EOBs? Please Make Them Stop!
- Dec 05, 2014 Dan Aykroyd, still autistic after all these years
- Dec 04, 2014 I Am Not a Provider.
- Dec 04, 2014 Why We’re Getting Patient Engagement Backwards