At 33 I was told that the lumps in my breast were probably nothing. So I did nothing, believing that I was "too young for breast cancer." Shortly after my 34th birthday--and now with no health insurance--I discovered that Cancer didn't care how old I was. On my twin kindergartners' birthdays, the diagnosis of Her2 positive Stage 3C breast cancer rocked my foundation and changed my world in an instant. This is the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful of my cancer diagnosis and everything that has followed. This is my story: http://cancerinmythirties.com
- Jul 05, 2015 Stealing a Page From Medicine’s Playbook: The American Board of Baseball
- Jul 04, 2015 Designing With Data Across Devices
- Jul 03, 2015 A Declaration of Data Independence Through the Lens of the Patient
- Jul 02, 2015 California Senate Bill introduced to increase disability services funding
- Jul 02, 2015 Writing as the Only Choice
- Jul 02, 2015 It’s a Bird. It’s a Plane. No, It’s SCOTUS!!
- Jul 02, 2015 The ABIM Controversy: A Brief History of Board Certification and MOC
- Jul 01, 2015 Quantifying the Art of Medicine
- Jul 01, 2015 Action Alert: You guessed it, we need more emails to save our services
- Jul 01, 2015 An Anatomy of Chairs
- Jun 30, 2015 Health 2.0 Quarterly: What’s New in Q2?
- Jun 29, 2015 How Might Crushes Right In Healthcare
- Jun 27, 2015 How to Win Friends and Influence Doctors
- Jun 26, 2015 How Population Health Is Driving Merger Mania Among Anthem, Cigna and the Rest of the Big Insurers
- Jun 26, 2015 King vs. Burwell: Chalk One Up For Common Sense
- Jun 26, 2015 Protesting Kerri Rivera and Chlorine Dioxide Abuse
- Jun 26, 2015 Illinois to Kerri Rivera: Show that MMS works or stop making claims.
- Jun 25, 2015 Uber and the Twisted Logic of the Affordable Care Act’s Employer Mandate
- Jun 25, 2015 Driving Innovation Through an Apps-Based Information Economy
- Jun 25, 2015 King vs. Burwell: Supreme Court Backs Federal Health Law Subsidy
- Jun 25, 2015 How to Win Friends and Influence Doctors
- Jun 24, 2015 Real Lessons From the Liver Queen
- Jun 24, 2015 Five Rules for a Real Mentor
- Jun 24, 2015 Moneyball For Doctors and Nurses (and the People Who Run Hospitals)
- Jun 23, 2015 The Digital Doctor: Is Natural Language Processing the Breakthrough We’ve Been Waiting For?