At 33 I was told that the lumps in my breast were probably nothing. So I did nothing, believing that I was "too young for breast cancer." Shortly after my 34th birthday--and now with no health insurance--I discovered that Cancer didn't care how old I was. On my twin kindergartners' birthdays, the diagnosis of Her2 positive Stage 3C breast cancer rocked my foundation and changed my world in an instant. This is the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful of my cancer diagnosis and everything that has followed. This is my story: http://cancerinmythirties.com
- Apr 02, 2015 “light it up blue” isn’t autism awareness, it’s advertising for Autism Speaks
- Mar 26, 2015 MaineHealth Remains Completely Unaccountable for False Vaccine Claims. So I Wrote a Bill.
- Mar 26, 2015 Autism Speaks: The results of this research are clear: Vaccines do not cause autism.
- Mar 22, 2015 Will a new IACC be seated soon?
- Mar 17, 2015 Career Anxiety
- Mar 13, 2015 King v. Burwell: Will the Supreme Court Save the Republican Party from Itself?
- Mar 12, 2015 Apple’s ResearchKit is Not (Yet) Ready For Primetime – But Soon? A Medical Researcher’s Perspective
- Mar 12, 2015 Validic meets Cerner–Drew Schiller speaks
- Mar 12, 2015 Apple Research Kit is Open Source But Is It “Open”?
- Mar 11, 2015 Do Value-Based Payments Lead to Higher Doctor-Satisfaction Scores?
- Mar 11, 2015 Value-Based Health
- Mar 10, 2015 From Google to New Reimbursement Models, Digital Health Trends for 2015
- Mar 10, 2015 Livongo–update on the “new diabetes meter experience”
- Mar 10, 2015 Research Project
- Mar 09, 2015 HIT Newser: What’s the ICD-10 Contingency Plan?
- Mar 09, 2015 Why Data Handoffs Matter
- Mar 09, 2015 Does the ACA Actually Mandate Free Checkups?
- Mar 08, 2015 When Good Patient Engagement Goes Bad
- Mar 07, 2015 Race, Ethnicity and Patient Engagement
- Mar 06, 2015 The FDA & Me (or How to Explain Your Test Isn’t a Game)
- Mar 06, 2015 Anthem arrogantly refuses audit processes. Twice.
- Mar 06, 2015 Iconoclasts and Healthism
- Mar 06, 2015 One of Those Patients
- Mar 05, 2015 Vice Special Report: Killing Cancer [Full Episode] HBO
- Mar 05, 2015 D.A.I.R. Foundation 2013 tax form, about $100k in revenue, $20k in program expenses