At 33 I was told that the lumps in my breast were probably nothing. So I did nothing, believing that I was "too young for breast cancer." Shortly after my 34th birthday--and now with no health insurance--I discovered that Cancer didn't care how old I was. On my twin kindergartners' birthdays, the diagnosis of Her2 positive Stage 3C breast cancer rocked my foundation and changed my world in an instant. This is the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful of my cancer diagnosis and everything that has followed. This is my story: http://cancerinmythirties.com
- Oct 31, 2014 Eat Less. Eat Less Crap.
- Oct 31, 2014 Partnership, Collaboration, and Success Between Vendors and Hospitals — it is possible!
- Oct 30, 2014 Big (Box) Medicine
- Oct 29, 2014 Health 2.0 Announces Agenda Highlights for WinterTech
- Oct 29, 2014 The Self-Health Era
- Oct 28, 2014 Health Wearables: Early Days
- Oct 28, 2014 Emily Willingham: winner of the 2014 John Maddox Prize for Standing up for Science
- Oct 28, 2014 Ebola and the Information Flow Challenge
- Oct 28, 2014 The Promise of Informatics-Enabled Research: The California Masectomy Study
- Oct 27, 2014 Who Do We Blame Now?
- Oct 27, 2014 Health IT Highlights from the Past Week
- Oct 25, 2014 Did CDC laxness on one infection help spread another?
- Oct 25, 2014 Nick Walker on Neurodiversity: Some Basic Terms & Definitions
- Oct 24, 2014 Please Stop Redefining Autism to Suit Your Own Agenda
- Oct 24, 2014 Is It Possible to Catch Ebola From the Media?
- Oct 23, 2014 DeSalvo Out as ONC Head, Moved to Ebola Fight.
- Oct 23, 2014 Andrew Wakefield and Brian Hooker complain. Not honestly, but they complain
- Oct 23, 2014 Ebola, EHRs, and the Blame Game
- Oct 23, 2014 Autistics Speaking Day 2014
- Oct 22, 2014 The Great Checklisting of American Medicine
- Oct 22, 2014 A Virtual Buddy System For Soldiers Returning From War
- Oct 22, 2014 Health Value: IT and the Rise of Consumer Centricity
- Oct 22, 2014 SENSING XCHALLENGE, with Google Hangout Wednesday at 10 PST
- Oct 21, 2014 The Antifragile CDC
- Oct 21, 2014 Citizen Autistic