At 33 I was told that the lumps in my breast were probably nothing. So I did nothing, believing that I was "too young for breast cancer." Shortly after my 34th birthday--and now with no health insurance--I discovered that Cancer didn't care how old I was. On my twin kindergartners' birthdays, the diagnosis of Her2 positive Stage 3C breast cancer rocked my foundation and changed my world in an instant. This is the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful of my cancer diagnosis and everything that has followed. This is my story: http://cancerinmythirties.com
- Apr 24, 2014 Why Are Al Lewis and Vik Khanna Such Jerks?
- Apr 24, 2014 Maryland: Mandate Regulation, License Requirement
- Apr 24, 2014 Placing Diagnosis Errors on the Policy Agenda
- Apr 24, 2014 Research and Teaching
- Apr 24, 2014 The ICD-10 Extension: For Whatever Reasons, Congress Did the Right Thing.
- Apr 23, 2014 Research and Everyday Life: A British Perspective
- Apr 23, 2014 Moore’s Law in Healthcare – Three Predictions
- Apr 22, 2014 Make Sense? Competition, Not Higher Premiums, May Turn Out to Be the Biggest Threat to Obamacare Buyers
- Apr 22, 2014 Would You Get a Brain Implant if It Could Make You Smarter?
- Apr 22, 2014 Diagnosis Is Not Therapy
- Apr 22, 2014 Is Jenny McCarthy "Pro-Vaccine"?
- Apr 22, 2014 Let Doctors Be Doctors
- Apr 22, 2014 Autism Awareness Blahs
- Apr 21, 2014 Adults with Autism in Massachusetts
- Apr 21, 2014 NIH Seeks Comments on DSM-5
- Apr 21, 2014 Stop the War on the Emergency Room (Fix the System Failure)
- Apr 21, 2014 Advancing Health Equity in the Digital Age
- Apr 20, 2014 Nebraska Mandate to Become Law
- Apr 19, 2014 ERISA Suit Against Boeing
- Apr 19, 2014 Why Are There So Many ___________’s In Medicine??
- Apr 18, 2014 Is Higher Spending Truly Wasteful?
- Apr 18, 2014 A New Way to Explore and Comment on Doctor Data
- Apr 18, 2014 Mental Health Parity Regs in California
- Apr 17, 2014 The Korean Community Services, Autism Speaks, the University of Pennsylvania and the George Washington University partner to provide autism resources to Korean Americans
- Apr 17, 2014 How Should Doctors Get Paid? Hourly Wage, Piecework or Quality?