Katie Ledecky World Record 800m Freestyle Austin, Texas
As a take home message: Katie Ledecky world record clocked at 8:06.68 at the Arena Pro Swim Series at Austin (Texas) breaking her own W800Fr world record Swim pace has set at 1.58-1.59 m/s performing 39 strokes per lap (2.27-2.28m per stroke) having a 55% of efficiency and spending 5.4 kcal per lap. She delivered...
The post Katie Ledecky World Record 800m Freestyle Austin, Texas appeared first on Swimming Science.
Five Reasons Club Swimmers Should Compete for High School
We are weeks into high school swim season in many places. One issue that will never be fully resolved is the coexistence of club swimmers for high school and club swimming. In fact, this topic received mainstream news attention last year in Wall Street Journal article. Though most coaches and swimmers have made a season...
The post Five Reasons Club Swimmers Should Compete for High School appeared first on Swimming Science.
7 Step Process for Trying Swimming Post-Activation Potentiation
Below is an interview with Augusto Barbosa. Augusto has 32 years old and is a sport scientist with experience in competitive swimming. He is the founder and the Technical Director of Meazure Sport Sciences, a company established in Brazil, which currently provides biomechanics and performance analysis services for several swim teams and for the Brazilian...
The post 7 Step Process for Trying Swimming Post-Activation Potentiation appeared first on Swimming Science.
- Feb 19, 2016 84 Thoughts From the 2016 NorCal Swim Coaches Clinic
- Feb 04, 2016 Should you Use a S- or I-Pull in Your Freestyle Stroke?
- Feb 03, 2016 Swimming Confidence: Learning to Keep your Mouth Shut
- Jan 28, 2016 Swimming Drills to Ditch: Swimming Shirts and Shoes
- Jan 25, 2016 Katie Ledecky World Record 800m Freestyle Austin, Texas
- Jan 22, 2016 10 Reasons Why Swim Coaches Must Wear Sunglasses
- Jan 20, 2016 How to win your next 100-metre swimming race in four steps
- Jan 20, 2016 How to win your next 100-metre swimming contest in four stages
- Jan 14, 2016 Five Reasons Club Swimmers Should Compete for High School
- Jan 11, 2016 3 Tips to Avoid Tainted Supplements
- Jan 07, 2016 7 Step Process for Trying Swimming Post-Activation Potentiation
- Jan 06, 2016 10 Ideas to Boost Swimming Performance for the New Year
- Jan 05, 2016 4 Swimmer Dryland Training Tips for Age Group Swimmers
- Jan 04, 2016 Altitude Training Camp Improves Power
- Dec 22, 2015 Elite Athlete Lifespan
- Dec 18, 2015 Random Thoughts: How Much Post-Workout Carbohydrate to Have?
- Dec 16, 2015 Four Reasons to Skip Swimming Hell Week
- Dec 09, 2015 Swimming Shoulder Injury Risk Factors
- Dec 04, 2015 3 Swimming Back Exercises to Help you Swim Faster
- Dec 03, 2015 2016 Rio Olympics Swimming Bold Predictions: Women’s 100-m Breaststroke
- Dec 02, 2015 10 Keys for Recovering From Swimming Shoulder Surgery
- Dec 01, 2015 30 Qualities Found in a Good Masters Swimmer
- Nov 30, 2015 Random Nutrition Thoughts: Why Your Swimming Protein Powder Sucks
- Nov 24, 2015 The Effects of 12 Weeks of Neuromuscular Dryland Power Training on Elite Swimmers
- Nov 20, 2015 Does Single Arm Swimming Transfer to Swimming?