Call for Black Power on MLK Day
Although many people are preparing to celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King's call for racial unity, a NC minister is making another call; a call for Black Power.Minister Paul Scott of the Durham NC based Messianic Afrikan Nation ministry says that in a time when this country is still feeling the racial tension caused by the police involved deaths of Sandra Bland, Freddie Gray and countless others, the massacre of nine African Americans in a Charleston SC church and the lingering controversy over the Confederate flag, King's message of racial reconciliation is outdated.Scott, who lives in a city that had 42 deaths last year, mostly involving young African Americans, says that the Black Power messages of such leaders of Malcolm X and Kwame Ture (Stokely Carmichael) are more relevant to black youth today than the "I Have a Dream" speech. He says that only a strong message of Black Unity can stop the black on black violence, racism and police brutality."Dr. King had a dream but we need Black Power to stop this nightmare," he said.Min. Paul Scott can be reached at (919) 972-8305 or firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter @truthminista
Books or Bullets
Books or Bullets News Conference : Time:Thursday October 22 at 6PM Place : Durham Board of Education 511 Cleveland StContact: (919) 972-8305A recent study that reports that Durham youth are three times more likely to identify with gangs than their peers in other cities has one Durham minister outraged !Report explores why 16 percent of Durham County court-involved youth identify with gangs Report explores why 16 percent of Durham County court-in...You see evidence of Durham County gangs in building tags, in shells left in the street at drive-by shootings and videos on YouTube.View on www.newsobserver.comPreview by Yahoo Minister Paul Scott , founder of the Messianic Afrikan Nation ministry is concerned that the report demonizes Black youth in Durham because , according to statistics, the majority of identifiable gang members are African American males.http://www.ncleg.net/documentsites/committees/JLOCJPS/Reports/FY%202013-14/DPS_Annual_Gang_Report_2014_09_18.pdfMost concerning to Scott is that the report suggests that third graders be assessed for future gang membership and drug abuse."In this climate of national police brutality, we don't want our babies stereotyped as natural born killers, "says Scott.Scott says that education is the key and has started a campaign to put black history books in the hands of young African Americans in Durham."It's either the Book or the Bullet," he says
Call for Maafa Memorial
Call for a “Maafa Memorial” for African Americans in DurhamDate: October 12 at NoonPlace: Old Courthouse 200 E Main St Durham NCContact (919) 972-8305Over the last few months, the issue of Confederate monuments has generated a lot of heated debates in this country. Durham NC is no exception. The issue at hand in the Bull City is the Confederate soldier statue that stands in front of the Old Courthouse in Durham. Some citizens want to keep the statue but others want it removed. However, because of the recent Cultural History Artifact Management and Patriotism Act , moving the statue may be out of the question.Therefore, Durham minister Paul Scott, founder of The Messianic Afrikan Nation Ministry is asking the county to erect a “Maafa Memorial” in front of the Old Courthouse in remembrance of his African American ancestors who suffered under the Confederacy. Maafa is a Swahili term translated as a time of great trouble.Scott, who also gives out free black history books to Durham youth, is also calling for a great public forum in Durham regarding culture and heritage and has sent his request to public officials . “Durham is a diverse community and we view things differently says Scott. Just like Columbus Day, For some it’s a holiday for some it marks the beginning of a Holocaust.”
- Sep 16, 2015 Group Pushes For Reparations
- Aug 16, 2015 Black Minds Matter Challenge
- Aug 16, 2015 Black Minds Matter
- Aug 04, 2015 Straight Outta Con-Man
- Aug 02, 2015 Boycott NWA Movie
- Jul 29, 2015 How About an Assata Monument?
- Jul 10, 2015 7/9 Debate with Sean Hannity and Rev. Jessie Lee Peterson
- Jun 30, 2015 Fly the RBG Flag on the 4th
- Jun 23, 2015 Papa's Got a Brand New Flag...
- Jun 20, 2015 Is Right Wing Media to Blame for Charleston Massacre ?
- Jun 05, 2015 Boycott the Rolling Stones' Rock Rape of Black Women
- Jun 01, 2015 AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted
- May 21, 2015 Answers that Don't Answer
- May 17, 2015 Open Challenge to Professor Jerry Hough
- May 15, 2015 Call for a Militia of Intelligent Thugs
- May 06, 2015 Rupert Murdoch Ain't My Brother's Keeper
- Apr 12, 2015 From N**** to Negus
- Apr 02, 2015 King of the 'hood
- Mar 25, 2015 Killin' (in the name of ) Jesus
- Mar 06, 2015 Activists Offer Better Solution for Durham Crime than More Cops
- Feb 13, 2015 Durham Artists Create New Voices Against Violence Anthem
- Feb 06, 2015 White Christians Owe Us Reparations
- Jan 28, 2015 How to Cure the N-Word Addiction:
- Jan 12, 2015 Search to Replace MLK as African America Hero
- Dec 21, 2014 Black Leader's...You're Fired !