The Rock Father is a music-centric Daddy Blog and Website geared toward parents, kids, and caregivers that rock! Bending the rules to operate outside of the traditional realm, The Rock Father presents both content for the family - and for grownups, all easily organized throughout the site. The Rock Father offers music news and reviews, along with a robust Gardening Blog, and coverage of cool toys, games, events, and adventures. The entire affair is wrapped within the personal experience and daily musings of James Zahn - a work-from-home Dad that has juggled jobs throughout the entertainment industry in various creative disciplines.
Rides: Rockin' the Road with Fuel Rewards from Shell...
THE ROCK FATHER Magazine is a #ShellCrowd #FuelRewards Brand Ambassador, taking part in a special content series with SocialStars and Shell.
We drive a lot. And when I say "a lot," I mean it. Our cars log some serious miles each year, with my wife putting at least 80 miles a day on her Chevy, five days-a-week. My adventures are a lot more unexpected and open-ended, but even my daily driver (my little Scion workhorse) has nearly 200,000 miles on it, and even though much of what I do these days involves cruising around town with The Rock Daughters™, we go through a lot of fuel. That's where Shell's Fuel Rewards program comes in - it's a real rewards program that provides real savings on something you actually use... fuel! And you can earn those rewards just by living your life, and doing the things that you're already doing. It's very simple.ShellFuel RewardsAutomotive MediaCar CareTravelSocialStars
PRODUCT OF HATE Streams Debut Album, Readies for Release Weekend Shows, FYE Appearance...
The eve is finally upon us. Tomorrow, after years of work, and a rollercoaster ride of ups-and-downs, PRODUCT OF HATE will release their debut album, BURIED IN VIOLENCE (iTunes | Amazon) . If you're just joining us here at THE ROCK FATHER Magazine, what you might not know is that this is not just another band I happen to be covering - they're my friends, and I've been with them for the long haul, serving as ½ of their management team, and being their music video director and editor since 2010. There's been an incredible team working with us behind-the-scenes to launch their Napalm Records debut, and this past month has been exciting. The new video for "Monster" is out - the song is in rotation on SiriusXM Liquid Metal, and it hit #10 on the iTunes Metal Hot Tracks Chart. Yesterday we got word that BURIED IN VIOLENCE was the #3 Most-Added Record for the week on the CMJ Radio Charts, and songs are starting to receieve play on a Global level. While that's all fantastic, there is much work to be done for this still-relatively unknown band, and tomorrow what really counts will take place - the album will be out, and audiences will be able to experience it and have their say. Now, if you'd like an early taste, you can stream the album in its entirety via the Napalm Records webstore! Click here to listen, and if you dig it, pick up the album on CD or Vinyl, or snag a killer bundle pack!Product of HateWorkNapalm RecordsMetalFYEGurnee MillsGurneeLiveWire Lounge Chicago86 Kenosha
What if STAR WARS Had Been a Grindhouse Film?
It was nearly a decade ago that the "Grindhouse" craze popped-up, a movement fueled by the Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez GRINDHOUSE double-feature of DEATH PROOF and PLANET TERROR. Thing is, the look and feel that they were going for became bigger than the movie itself, leading to countless parodies, imitators, and many re-cut trailers. This week, that spirit continues, and it was Mashable that commissioned a Grindhouse-style trailer for 1977's STAR WARS. Unsurprisingly, the treatment works - presenting a look at what the film could've been, had it been done on the cheap, and with a little more revenge. Check it out...ParodySpoofStar Wars
- Feb 03, 2016 RIP Scion (2003-2016)
- Feb 03, 2016 The Anim(al)ation & Story Safari of Disney's ZOOTOPIA
- Feb 03, 2016 A Fun-Tastic Year for TALKING ANGELA...
- Feb 03, 2016 36 Hours in Pasadena: A Netflix Stream Team Adventure
- Feb 02, 2016 Toy Fair: TEDDY RUXPIN is Ready for a Comback!
- Feb 02, 2016 LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens is Coming...
- Feb 02, 2016 Kindie Scene: Watch SHARKY SHARKY "Bring the Rock!"
- Feb 02, 2016 After 45 Years, H.R. Pufnstuf is Back on Television...
- Feb 02, 2016 Watch: Cameron Boyce Celebrates Black History Month with a "Be Inspired" Video on The Clinton 12
- Feb 01, 2016 Journal: 2010 Was a Terrible, Terrible Year...
- Jan 30, 2016 Exclusive: Henry Rollins is "The Biggest SHERIFF CALLIE'S WILD WEST Fan"
- Jan 29, 2016 Preview: STAR WARS REBELS - “Legends of the Lasat”
- Jan 29, 2016 Review: THE PEANUTS MOVIE Flying Ace Snoop Lite Brix
- Jan 28, 2016 Big News for Barbie as "The Doll Evolves"
- Jan 28, 2016 Exclusive First-Look Clip: DC Super Hero Girls - Hero of the Month, Bumblebee
- Jan 28, 2016 Listen: The Rock Father on The Life of Dad After Show
- Jan 26, 2016 Vintage Threads & Hollywood Glam: On the Set of MARVEL's AGENT CARTER Season Two
- Jan 26, 2016 THE ROCK FATHER's GOOD DINOSAUR Recyclosaurus Contest!
- Jan 25, 2016 Preview: New Toys & Accessories from Disney Junior's THE LION GUARD
- Jan 25, 2016 Valentine's Day Rock? Heart Beats: Feel Good Songs for Families...
- Jan 25, 2016 BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE - Who Will Win?
- Jan 25, 2016 Preview: STAR WARS REBELS - “The Protector of Concord Dawn”
- Jan 25, 2016 Varèse Sarabande to release PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- Jan 24, 2016 Toy Fair Preview: SUPER WINGS Figures & Playsets are Flying into Stores...
- Jan 24, 2016 Watch & Listen: THE NOT-ITS! "Dance With Me"