With a special emphasis on incorporating technology in language arts lesson plans, the Langwitches Blog provides lesson plans and ways to work with various technologies. Silvia does not always detail exact lesson plans, but her nuanced exploration of technology can be inspiring to teachers who want to create their own technologically based lesson plans.
You Have 1 Second to Hook a Potential Reader
If you are blogging with your students, you have been exposed to them. You have been exposed to hundreds of unimaginative, cloned, generic and uninspiring BLOG TITLES. When opening your RSS reader that contains the latest blog posts of your students, you are confronted with a list, similar to the ...
NASA’s Global Selfie Crowdsourced on Earth Day
Today, April 22, 2014, NASA is crowdsourcing Global Selfies. NASA astronauts brought home the first ever images of the whole planet from space. Now NASA satellites capture new images of Earth every second. For Earth Day we are trying to create an image of Earth from the ground up while ...
The Story Behind Langwitches
I get asked all the time about the name of my blog: Langwitches. So here is the story… It’s a cultural thing… Some cultures see “witches” as a normal part of human history and playing an ongoing role in literature throughout different time periods. Other cultures don’t have a place ...
- Apr 21, 2014 Kids React To… And Student Led Conferences
- Apr 18, 2014 Evaluating iPad Apps
- Apr 18, 2014 Poetry on Record
- Apr 15, 2014 Student Led Conferences: Sick and Tired of Blogs & Reflection?
- Apr 13, 2014 How to Create a Backchannel Exit Ticket for Class, Presentation or Workshop?
- Apr 13, 2014 Sketchnoting and Making Learning Visible Workshop
- Apr 11, 2014 Visible Thinking in Math- Part 2
- Apr 10, 2014 Selfies Around the World
- Apr 07, 2014 Poetry, Performance & Taylor Mali and Beyond…
- Apr 02, 2014 Flipped Writing Videos- Production Techniques
- Mar 31, 2014 Visible Thinking in Math- Part 1
- Mar 25, 2014 Augmented Reality that’s “Real” and Focused on Learning
- Mar 24, 2014 Google Glass- Digital Citizenship: What do the Kids Think?
- Mar 21, 2014 AASSA- Curriculum Upgrade & Amplify Exercise
- Mar 21, 2014 AASSA- Building Your PLN
- Mar 21, 2014 AASSA- Modern Skills, Literacies and Fluency Presentation
- Mar 15, 2014 iPhoneography: Photo Challenges, Ideas & Literacy
- Mar 15, 2014 A Flashlight in the Fog of Tech Integration
- Mar 15, 2014 Student Tutorials- MineCraft, How to Ride a Horse, iMovie and more
- Mar 14, 2014 Julie Lindsay: Designing Engaging Curriculum for Global Collaboration in the Classroom
- Mar 13, 2014 American School of São Paulo is Looking for a STEM Science Teacher
- Mar 13, 2014 Note- Taking Learnflow of a Conference Workshop
- Mar 11, 2014 How to Cite Images on Your Blog
- Feb 16, 2014 Blogs and Labels are about Information Literacy
- Feb 15, 2014 Redefining My Learning