What is a Marginal Tax Bracket
I have a done tax returns for over 30 years now and marginal tax brackets have become very intuitive for me and others who prepare tax returns, but I think we sometimes forget that many farmers and other taxpayers really do not understand how marginal tax brackets work. Essentially, as your income moves higher, your […]
The post What is a Marginal Tax Bracket appeared first on Farm CPA Today!.
The New American Farmer?
A farmer friend of mine sent me the attached photo of him and his daughter riding the combine together. After seeing the photo, it brought back many fond memories of growing up on a farm that most non-farm children never get to enjoy such as: As a little boy, riding on the combine, Caterpillar D-4 […]
The post The New American Farmer? appeared first on Farm CPA Today!.
The ProFarmer Midwest Crop Tour
This will be my sixth year in a row of doing the Pro Farmer Midwest Crop tour. My first two years I did the western leg, the last three were on the eastern leg and this year I go back and tour the western leg. Here is a map from Pro Farmer showing the locations […]
The post The ProFarmer Midwest Crop Tour appeared first on Farm CPA Today!.
- Feb 22, 2016 If You Don’t Pay Income Taxes, You Lose the Farm!
- Feb 21, 2016 How Much Will Farmers Pay to Iowa For Low Section 179
- Feb 19, 2016 IRS Interest Rates Get Even Lower
- Feb 18, 2016 Why Won’t Iowa Couple Section 179?!
- Feb 18, 2016 Top 10 Tax Tips for Farmers (Maybe Not)
- Feb 17, 2016 Welcome Aboard Roger McEowen
- Feb 13, 2016 Can You Defer ARC/PLC Payments?
- Feb 12, 2016 How to Exit Ag Without Paying a Monster Tax Bill Webinar
- Feb 11, 2016 Some Crops See More Premiums Paid Than Claims
- Feb 10, 2016 We Knew It Was Coming!
- Feb 09, 2016 Be Careful What You Wish For!
- Feb 09, 2016 Is Crop Insurance Values That Much Lower Than Last 10 Years
- Feb 05, 2016 Lowest Spring Crop Insurance Price in Last 10 Years?
- Feb 04, 2016 Does Cottonseed Oil Qualify for Other Oilseed Treatment Under 2014 Farm Bill
- Jan 31, 2016 Pre-1977 Purchases May Get 100% Step-up or Not!
- Jan 26, 2016 What Gets a Step-Up
- Jan 24, 2016 Continued Headwinds for Ag
- Jan 21, 2016 Mr. Market Wants Its Excess Profits Back
- Jan 20, 2016 Top 10 Reasons You Might Need Accrual Accounting
- Jan 19, 2016 Many Specialty Crops See Drop In Prices Too
- Jan 14, 2016 Planted Vines and Trees Qualify for Bonus Depreciation
- Jan 11, 2016 Relief for Older Farmers with IRAs
- Jan 06, 2016 “BIG” Might Not Be a Problem
- Jan 05, 2016 Is Section 179 a Ticking Tax Time Bomb?
- Dec 29, 2015 50% Bonus Depreciation Applies to More Property