Tax Roundup, 1/11/2016: Hide the spoons, hold your wallets. The General Assembly is back.
Same recipe, same dish. The 2016 session of the 86th General Assembly of Iowa convenes today. As the membership is about the […]
Tax Roundup, 1/8/16: A look at Iowans and their federal income taxes.
Soak the rich? Iowa’s soaking in it! The Iowa Legislative Service Bureau this week published a report on the federal taxes […]
Tax Roundup, 1/7/16: Taxpayer Advocate report describes IRS “pay to play” plans. And: IRS nixes plan to make charities collect tax ID numbers.
Have you heard about the IRS “Future State Plan?” Or “CONOPS?” Me neither. The latest annual Taxpayer Advocate Report to Congress is […]
- Jan 07, 2016 Tax Roundup, 1/7/16: Taxpayer Advocate report describes IRS “pay to play” plans. And: IRS nixes plan to make charities collect tax ID numbers.
- Jan 06, 2016 Tax Roundup, 1/6/16: Oh, I meant that other year. And: IRS won’t rule on truck rehab “glider kits.”
- Jan 05, 2016 Tax Roundup, 1/5/16: Start your year-end planning today! And: private tax audits for fun and profit!
- Jan 04, 2016 Happy New Year!
- Dec 31, 2015 Tax Roundup, 12/31/15: Still time to give. Still time to count inventory.
- Dec 30, 2015 Tax Roundup, 12/30/15: What needs to be paid by tomorrow. And: NY Times has fun with a chart.
- Dec 29, 2015 Tax Roundup, 12/29/15: No year-end basis, no S corporation loss. And: ACA 1095 deadlines extended.
- Dec 28, 2015 Tax Roundup, 12/28/15: Harvesting without a combine. And: Tax Credits as a fiscal trap.
- Dec 27, 2015 Altaring your tax planning
- Dec 26, 2015 Keep on giving! A high-end tax planning tip.
- Dec 24, 2015 Year-end tip: The Iowa Student Tuition Organization Tax Credit
- Dec 23, 2015 Tax Roundup, 12/23/15: The wisdom, or not, of paying taxes by year-end. And: Deep thoughts at Think Progress.
- Dec 22, 2015 Tax Roundup, 12/22/15: If you want a 2015 qualified plan, time to fly! And lots more.
- Dec 21, 2015 Tax Roundup, 12/21/15: Winter’s here, along with a new tax law. Fixed-asset planning time!
- Dec 18, 2015 President signs extender bill
- Dec 18, 2015 Tax Roundup, 12/18/15: 2016 standard mileage rates are out. And: Extender bill clears House.
- Dec 17, 2015 Tax Roundup, 12/17/15: President supports extenders; bill stops IRS from taxing political donations as gifts. And: More ACA stuff!
- Dec 16, 2015 Tax Roundup, 12/16/15: Extender deal! Permanent R&D, $500,000 Sec. 179 limit; Bonus depreciation extended through 2019.
- Dec 15, 2015 Tax Roundup, 12/15/15: Is today the day we see an extender bill? And: carrybacks and other legends.
- Dec 14, 2015 Tax Roundup, 12/14/15: Ames! And, fine happy! Government is just how we take money from one another.
- Dec 11, 2015 Tax Roundup, 12/11/15: Extender battle extended to next week; efforts to make some breaks permanent continue. And: Tina, Accidental American.
- Dec 10, 2015 Tax Roundup, 12/10/15: No basis for you! 9th Circuit rules against taxpayer in demutualization case.
- Dec 09, 2015 Tax Roundup, 12/9/15: Ways and Means Chair introduces a Plan B as permanent extender talks continue.
- Dec 08, 2015 Tax Roundup, 12/8/15: Extenders: fourth and long. Also: No Iowa tax reform expected in 2016. And: Finland!
- Dec 07, 2015 Tax Roundup, 12/7/15: Denison day. Extender week?