Bud Hunt is an instructional technologist for the St. Vrain Valley School District in northern Colorado and a very popular blogger with his colleagues around the world. Bud reads, writes, and worries about the future of teaching and learning on his thought-provoking blog. He also does his best to support and inspire others to embrace the wonders, and the challenges, of new media modalities in the classroom.
What’s This Digital Writing Stuff, Anyway?
I’m speaking tomorrow with my wife’s college course for preservice teachers on the teaching of writing. I’m the featured expert on “digital writing.” # Whatever that is. # Over the last week, the students in the course have been jotting … Continue reading →
On Constraints, Road Maps, and Driving Directions
# I’m working this weekend with the Compose Our World project, and we’re digging in hard to the curricular units that we proposed we’d develop in that work. # As we do so, we’re struggling with notions of when to … Continue reading →
- Dec 08, 2015 What’s This Digital Writing Stuff, Anyway?
- Nov 07, 2015 On Constraints, Road Maps, and Driving Directions
- Oct 21, 2015 On Agency, and #whyIwrite
- Sep 11, 2015 If You Never Try to Be Brave, It Certainly Won’t Happen
- Aug 25, 2015 “The System Won’t Let Me”
- Jul 09, 2015 The Podcast: Future Ready?
- Jul 07, 2015 Stop Filling Pails
- Jul 02, 2015 “A Way of Caring”
- Jun 26, 2015 A Library Is Somewhere You Can Take Things Home to Explore
- Jun 24, 2015 Nerd vs. Geek
- Jun 16, 2015 Be Less Hesitant
- Jun 13, 2015 Making a Maker Space. Again.
- May 29, 2015 In a Moment of Transition, A Challenge to Myself
- Apr 02, 2015 Let’s Hack School: A Recent Talk at CSU
- Mar 27, 2015 Here I Go Again
- Mar 12, 2015 If Public Isn’t an Option, Then It Isn’t a Choice
- Feb 12, 2015 Building (Better) Organizational Habits
- Feb 03, 2015 Suppose We Just Left Them Alone?
- Jan 29, 2015 Skating Along
- Jan 22, 2015 Where’s Your Refrigerator?
- Dec 22, 2014 Trusting People, Who “Will Do Dumb Things,” to Make Their Own Decisions
- Dec 12, 2014 The Danger of “Good Enough”
- Dec 11, 2014 Allowing (And Accepting) Students’ Choices Is Hard
- Dec 10, 2014 When Programming Becomes Persuasion
- Dec 05, 2014 “Don’t Use the iPad Just to Use the iPad”