Majority rule? Time to express yourself
Do women have an equal voice in groups? Apparently the answer is no, especially when men comprise the majority at the table. And while this may appear to be trivial, it speaks volumes about what happens when men and women are part of important deliberating bodies, such as Advisory Boards or even political bodies. Who’s […]
Friday NewsFlash: more loco for cocoa, the ‘why’s’ have it!
Guess what? Research presented at this week’s American Chemical Society Meeting in Dallas appears to demonstrate the reasons why dark chocolate might be good for your health: microbes in your gut. Like many writers, I’ve been reporting on chocolate for some time now and yet, while theories have focused on flavanols, neither cause and effect, […]
Does your mattress act as a tonic for rest?
When it comes to sleep, which of the following are most important to you? Great sheets A perfect pillow A dark room A light room No sound Sound Temperature Mattress I’ve always gravitated toward a great mattress, a dark room and no sound. However, I’ve noticed of late that perimenopause is making me hot, […]
- Mar 17, 2014 Does your mattress act as a tonic for rest?
- Mar 14, 2014 Bad mood. Bad food. Happy means healthy
- Mar 12, 2014 Guyside: men and rape culture
- Mar 10, 2014 Are hops the key to relieving menopausal symptoms?
- Mar 07, 2014 International Women’s Day – Be beautiful, inside.
- Mar 05, 2014 Guyside: Don’t sell friendship short
- Mar 03, 2014 Life quality and yoga
- Feb 28, 2014 Friday Folly: Wrinkle Cream
- Feb 26, 2014 Guyside: Who’s MY cougar?
- Feb 24, 2014 Who’s your cougar?
- Feb 21, 2014 How to eat processed food. Guest Post by Danielle Omar, MS, RD