When I first started my blog people would ask me, but what do you blog about?
And I thought it was a weird question because there was SO MUCH to blog about.
And I loved doing it.
It evolved from a place to share my life in NYC with my friends and family who are scattered around the globe to a diary of sorts that captured my feelings on my first pregnancy and new motherhood.
(I’m sure it was the typical HAVE BABY, KNOW EVERYTHING blog for a while there…..cringe).
I’ve shared so much on this blog and eventually when I didn’t love doing it as much I persevered, albeit less often, because I saw it as a scrapbook for our family’s memories.
I’ve been almost silent on my blog recently. I just cannot be bothered.
And now I’m one of those people asking the question, but what do you blog about?
So this is not a shutting-down-my-blog post because I really do hope to pick it back up again soon to continue keeping a family scrapbook (which I totally don’t mind sharing with the Internet at large).
But in the meantime until I possibly…..hopefully……get my mojo back I am on instagram (georgiegirlnyc) and if you miss my awesome (!) book recommendations come find me on Goodreads (username is georgiegirlnyc too - surprise!). Anything I rate 4 or more stars would make it onto my blog as a recommendation.
"Is it daytime at your house, Daddy?"
“Is it daytime at your house, Daddy?” - John is on a business trip and this was Charlotte’s first question for him on the phone tonight. She was fascinated by the fact that he was in a different time zone last business trip.
The long, shameful list of school shootings since Newtown
The long, shameful list of school shootings since Newtown:
monkeychow:This list keeps growing. How many more before our leaders act?
Today’s school shooting at Reynolds High School in Troutdale, OR was the 74th since December 14, 2012. That is horrifying and unacceptable. (Not to mention devastatingly sad for the families and communities shattered by this violence.)
What can you do to help create a safer country and put a stop to this epidemic of gun violence and death?You can pledge to be a gun sense voter You can write to your governor You can write to your members of Congress You can tweet at your elected officials You can make a donate to Everytown You can join Moms Demand Action
- Jun 10, 2014 The long, shameful list of school shootings since Newtown
- Jun 04, 2014 Jen sent me a link to this photo recently and I just love it. I...
- May 28, 2014 Future Hairdresser
- May 27, 2014 brookesnooks: this dress. Plus the leather vest = perfect.
- May 26, 2014 Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- May 24, 2014 One of my work uniforms. Love love love the combo of white +...
- May 21, 2014 I’m pretty sure this little shit head is planning his next...
- May 20, 2014 C&L Reunited!
- May 19, 2014 "A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms."
- May 07, 2014 "Are me, Alex and Daddy going to make you a special breakfast on Mother’s Day? Like Mummy Pig."
- May 02, 2014 niallimlegal: the white house released this video on sexual...
- May 02, 2014 Winston Looks Suave
- Apr 26, 2014 erehwyna: get there! 33 unbelievable places to visit
- Apr 25, 2014 Oh, this is good! Read on…. (Via brookesnooks) How can we...
- Apr 25, 2014 veronicalovesarchie: perfect holiday capsule Seconded.
- Apr 24, 2014 Jen sent me a link to this amaaaaaazing haircut this morning. We...
- Apr 23, 2014 Thank You!
- Apr 22, 2014 Random question of the day
- Apr 21, 2014 Easter 2014
- Apr 19, 2014 Need a GREAT gift idea for a 4 year old? Magformers are pricey...
- Apr 18, 2014 Book 10 :: Paris Letters by Janine MacLeod
- Apr 18, 2014 Book 9 :: Night Road by Kristin Hannah
- Apr 18, 2014 Book 8 :: Flash Boys by Michael Lewis
- Apr 18, 2014 Book 7 :: The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- Apr 17, 2014 Last night I was reading about Laduree - the famous macaron shop...