Breast Cancer Study Encourages Reconsideration of DCIS (Ductal Carcinoma In Situ) and its Treatment
Mary Costanza, MD, considers the findings and the risk factors that predict whether invasive breast cancer and death are more likely to occur. More
The post Breast Cancer Study Encourages Reconsideration of DCIS (Ductal Carcinoma In Situ) and its Treatment appeared first on Our Bodies Ourselves.
A Remembrance of Childbirth Author and Activist Sheila Kitzinger
Sheila pushed back against the medicalization of birth and advocated for listening and learning from women. And she did so much more. More
The post A Remembrance of Childbirth Author and Activist Sheila Kitzinger appeared first on Our Bodies Ourselves.
Patients Work with Doctors to Make Choices About Care
Anna Gorman of Kaiser Health News reports on “shared decision making,” a process by which doctors and patients work together to make choices about care. More
The post Patients Work with Doctors to Make Choices About Care appeared first on Our Bodies Ourselves.
- Jan 21, 2016 Anti-choice Misinformation in Continuing Ed Courses
- Jan 14, 2016 Sexual Assault on Campus
- Jan 14, 2016 Major Abortion Case Heads to the Supreme Court
- Jan 11, 2016 Doula Care for All!
- Jan 06, 2016 Who’s Teaching Sex Ed? And How Can We Do it Better?
- Jan 04, 2016 Mustaches More Common Among Medical School Leadership than Women
- Dec 23, 2015 These Underwear are Trying to Make Managing Your Period More Sustainable
- Dec 21, 2015 The Affordable Care Act Reduces Race Disparities in Health Coverage
- Dec 17, 2015 New Resource Readily Displays Women’s Health Data
- Dec 14, 2015 U.S. Infant Mortality Rate Reaches Historic Low
- Dec 10, 2015 First Fundraising Goal Exceeded!
- Dec 07, 2015 Two Resources for Comparing C-section Rates
- Dec 04, 2015 Two States Are Making it Much Easier to Get Birth Control
- Dec 03, 2015 Round-Up: Planned Parenthood Attack
- Nov 30, 2015 Building a Global Community to Advance Women’s Health and Human Rights
- Nov 23, 2015 We Sparked a Women’s Health Movement by Speaking and Listening to the Truth
- Nov 19, 2015 AMA Calls for Ban on Consumer Ads for Prescription Drugs
- Nov 17, 2015 Dispatches from Vietnam: Learning From “Our Bodies, Ourselves”
- Nov 12, 2015 The Affordable Care Act Needs To Cover Vasectomies – Help Make It Happen!
- Nov 11, 2015 Good News: No More Fasting During Labor
- Nov 10, 2015 How OBOS Inspired “Trans Bodies, Trans Selves”
- Nov 06, 2015 How One Book Educated Generations About Their Bodies #OBOSTaughtMe
- Nov 03, 2015 Essure Contraceptive Controversy: Who Do You Believe?
- Oct 30, 2015 A Message from Gloria, Lena & OBOS
- Oct 28, 2015 Dueling Recommendations Over Annual Pelvic Exams Cause Confusion