Vegans Drink Almond Milk Because It’s Cruelty-Free–Not Because It’s Hip
One of the big food stories this past week was Tom Philpott’s article in Mother Jones on almond milk. Philpott deplores the current popularity of almond milk because 1) It’s not an especially nutritious food and, 2) Almond-growing is not friendly to the environment. He says that it’s just a bunch of “ignorant hipsters” who [...]
Win a Copy of ‘Vegan for Her’ and a Big Buddha Bag
JL and I are celebrating the first anniversary of the release of Vegan for Her with a pretty amazing giveaway. First prize is a brand new Big Buddha “Arlene” rosette satchel, a signed copy of Vegan for Her, a Plant Plate refrigerator magnet and 3 notepads. Two second place winners will receive a signed book, [...]
Safety of Vegan Diets for Babies
Vegan diets aren’t dangerous. However, people with irrational ideas about nutrition are. The stories of vegan parents who starved their babies because of mistaken beliefs about infant feeding are clear proof of that. It is horrible and it’s heartbreaking. But it has nothing to do with veganism. Why is it that journalists can’t figure this [...]
- Jun 06, 2014 Low-Carb (But Not Paleo) Diets for Vegans
- Apr 21, 2014 Paleo Advocates Get Vegan Diets (and Saturated Fat) Wrong
- Apr 03, 2014 Are Vegetarians Less Healthy than Meat-Eaters?
- Mar 19, 2014 Keeping Vegan Diets Healthy and Fabulous
- Mar 06, 2014 Don’t Think Twice About Going Vegan
- Feb 26, 2014 Grains in Vegan Diets: No, They Won’t Make You Fat or Sick
- Feb 19, 2014 Potassium in Vegan Diets: Less Kale, More Beans?
- Feb 10, 2014 Plant Protein: Why Vegan Diets Need Beans
- Jan 26, 2014 What Does a Vegan Dietitian Eat?
- Jan 23, 2014 Soy Isoflavones, Benefits of Beans, and Mediterranean Foods for Vegans
- Jan 20, 2014 A Vegan Lifestyle Honors Martin Luther King, Jr
- Jan 12, 2014 Never Too Late to Go Vegan: The Book!
- Jan 09, 2014 Vegan, DASH, Mediterranean—Which Diet is Best?
- Nov 25, 2013 Good Stories and Good Food for Vegan Thanksgiving Activism
- Nov 14, 2013 Vegan Thanksgiving is Easy and Traditional
- Oct 07, 2013 Vegan for Her “TV” Launches: Creating Healthy Menus with the Plant Plate
- Oct 01, 2013 7 Reasons to Eat Meat? Here Is Why They Are All Wrong